Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starter Hats

mineral

One of the Regulars
Aabraxan said:
mineral said:
Ah, a fellow 59-60 cm head!
Makes getting hats that fit oh-so-easy, doesn't it?

Yeah, it isn't easy for us to indulge in this hobby. At least we don't have 62 cm heads. :)

But there's always hope. I myself obtained my "flagship" 7 1/2 Borsalino San Remo for less than $40 just this past month (looks a steal compared to the bidding wars going on in Ebay right now), so some bargain has to be just around the corner.

Good luck in your search, and pray share if you find a goldmine of 7 3/8 - 7 1/2 hats .... :)

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Turns out that BCF fit the bill for the starter hat I sought. For ~$20, I got a wool felt fedora, brown with a black ribbon. The felt is obviously thinner than either of my other hats and I have a bit of steamwork to do get the brim just right, but I'm quite pleased. The time will come when I'll move up to a nicer hat, but, until then, the one I got will do.

@Not-Bogart13 -- The Classifieds were one of the major reasons I signed up for The Fedora Lounge. You'd better believe I'll keep my eye out!

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I would think that an Akubra Syndey or a Miller Baldwin would make a nice starter hat..maybe a Miller 351 fedora. The Syndey is a really smooth soft hat too. Those are a few that first comes to mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy