Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steak 'N' Shake

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
gluegungeisha said:
I can't wait until I move to the Northwest!

did i read somewhere you're moving to olympia? my boyfriend is an Evergreen State grad! i'm assuming that's why you're headed up there?

that's quite a switch from new mexico!

:eek:fftopic: :
gluegungeisha said:
I can't wait until I move to the Northwest!
Miss G3, some unsolicited advice: It's gonna be cold and wet, probably take quite a bit of getting used to for a desert-dweller like yourself. (I've lived here all my life--my genes are South/West Texas--and still haven't acclimated to it!)

Also, how people drive up here takes quite a bit of getting used to, in some areas.

I've never been to Burgerville or S&S--nearest BV is Centralia and my relatives have their own preferred places everytime they decide we're going down there, but might get a crack at S&S in Indiana this summer, and Sonic's a latent addiction since my last Southwest roadtrip.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
did i read somewhere you're moving to olympia? my boyfriend is an Evergreen State grad! i'm assuming that's why you're headed up there?

that's quite a switch from new mexico!

Yes yes, Evergreen! Gosh, the campus is sooo gorgeous...How did he like the school?

I'm actually a New Yorker to begin with, but I've lived in New Mexico since I was very young...I've got the accent to prove it. :eek:

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
:eek:fftopic: :
Miss G3, some unsolicited advice: It's gonna be cold and wet, probably take quite a bit of getting used to for a desert-dweller like yourself. (I've lived here all my life--my genes are South/West Texas--and still haven't acclimated to it!)

Also, how people drive up here takes quite a bit of getting used to, in some areas.

I've never been to Burgerville or S&S--nearest BV is Centralia and my relatives have their own preferred places everytime they decide we're going down there, but might get a crack at S&S in Indiana this summer, and Sonic's a latent addiction since my last Southwest roadtrip.

Ahh yes, I'm already prepping for the rain-shock. I don't even have a pair of rain boots! That will be remedied soon, mind you...:eek:

Rainy days in New Mexico are equivalent to most major holidays.

duggap

Banned
Back in the early 60s there was a Steak n Shake in my neighborhood. They hired me as a 15 year old to be a curb hop. I worked there for almost a year. Just long enough to buy a used car. So now they hold a warm place in my heart. I am glad to see them making a come back.:p

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
We have a Steak 'N' Shake here and I love the food. Unfortunately the service at this particular one always left a little to be desired. When I worked in patrol and was on night shift they were a blessing because of their late hours.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
They are heading north.

When I was growing up in Georgia, they were all over the place. In high school it was one of our favorite hangouts (for the late hours). Then I moved to Wisconsin. There were none. But there were some better places to get a nice burger. For some reason, almost ever corner bar in the state of Wisconsin serves the best burgers.
Six months ago we move back to Wisconsin from Georgia and we noticed that there was a S&S 5 miles from our house. Have yet to go there, got burned out on them down in Georgia.

Give me a smokey bar cheese burger with a beer any day, cheaper too.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner