Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steer hide Aero A-2 42 Contract

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The annoying thing is that, because people are generally a bit bigger nowadays, it can be hard to get stuff in smaller sizes! A lot of makers, quite reasonably, seem to have cut the number of items because there aren't the numbers. For instance, the brilliant Freddies jeans only go down to 32" at the mo', despite my whining at them. I have a pair of 30" that I found on ebay, and I love them, but I don't think they have any plans for another run in the near future. Bottom line is: all that running and passing on the pie, and I'm the worse for it! :eeek::D

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Great fitting A-2!

I agree with Worf on the knits, they really compliment the color of the jacket.

I'm in a similar size situation. While I am a 38 regular, my suit jackets must be altered by raising the cuff an inch or so. I try not to drop below a 32 inch waist. As you pointed out, getting ready-made trousers/jeans below 32 inches can be very frustrating.

Even at 32 inches I have to be sure to get a "trim fit". Some regular fit and the "relaxed fit" garbage gives me a bad case of the baggy butt.

John

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The annoying thing is that, because people are generally a bit bigger nowadays, it can be hard to get stuff in smaller sizes! A lot of makers, quite reasonably, seem to have cut the number of items because there aren't the numbers. For instance, the brilliant Freddies jeans only go down to 32" at the mo', despite my whining at them. I have a pair of 30" that I found on ebay, and I love them, but I don't think they have any plans for another run in the near future. Bottom line is: all that running and passing on the pie, and I'm the worse for it! :eeek::D

Don't you believe it, keep gettin' fit. Your body will thank you in decades to come! Me? I'm trying to do the same here... but I'm working at a competitive disadvantage. I wasn't aware of the scarcity of slim fits. I guess we're both out of the sweet spot for off the rack leather and selvedge jeans. Still love the jacket and the new Buffalo one's to kill fer.

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers, Worf! I've had a week of serious indulgence at the Edinburgh film festival I'm in serious need of treadmill punishment as penance :D. The camera really can't do justice to the buffalo's grain or depth of colour btw. And it's a weighty beast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen