Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sterkowski caps

G_awain

New in Town
Hello,

Just to revive this old thread and as I do not seem to find any other thread specifically on Sterkowski caps on the forum, I can tell about my experience with them. Received my first order yesterday. I bought a very utilitarian cap, the 'Patrol', which I wanted to go trekking. Very nice quality coton compared to the very affordable price. Will do the job it's meant to do. Order arrived very fast via UPS.

Also, if like me you hate any kind of label or branding on your headwear, be warned that the little metal nameplate on some of their caps if not sewn but pinned through the cloth. I removed it but it left two very small holes. Does not bother me on this kind of cap, but would have been more upset if it was a dressy flat or 8 panel cap.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
It took a while to get my Sterkowsky linen newsboy cap but it was worth the wait. It is well made, seems quite sturdy, yet light weight and excellent for hotter weather. I took it to the beach just like I do with some much more expensive custom caps, and it was a pleasure to wear.
IMG_9391.jpeg

IMG_9396.jpeg

IMG_9397.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

glider

A-List Customer
I looked at that hat, now I need one. I have 2 other newsboys from them, good stuff. I also have my motorcycle hat in OD green wool from them. They seem to run just a bit small

X

I’ve wanted a Sterkowski Harley motorcycle (their description) cap for quite a while. I finally bought one via Etsy. Less than two weeks to arrive from Poland!

4AB4C4DD-65D4-4FAD-BF7F-A2AB2E17CF63.jpeg
6337222C-4D53-4B69-B474-8F8C94F138D4.jpeg
1C4B18AE-5D89-4793-A894-3E538E38A981.jpeg
43B0ED64-0F03-46F0-B563-235879F8E6C8.jpeg
5AFA87C0-2EA6-4FE2-A9E7-A0B4C246D05F.jpeg
66F844F7-6361-4139-B6D8-4CC8629D15C2.jpeg
E5B2A4E1-2640-487C-A882-D9253E11B517.jpeg
D02E62F2-AC76-4708-B536-19125F9E379F.jpeg

The build quality is very good for a cap at this price. The style is great, and I really like the cap! However, the last photo is the issue. My milliners measuring device always measures a bit small (7 5/8 hats measure between 7 1/2 and 7 5/8). It’s never measured any hat on the large side. This 62 maxed out the tool and it’s just starting to snug up. I’d say this is a legitimate 7 7/8 or 63cm hat or maybe even a touch more! It wants to fall down over my ears. I’m listing it in the classifieds if anyone is interested. I’m also ordering a 61cm replacement cap as I really like the style.

I’ve wanted a Sterkowski Harley motorcycle (their description) cap for quite a while. I finally bought one via Etsy. Less than two weeks to arrive from Poland...The build quality is very good for a cap at this price. The style is great, and I really like the cap! However, the last photo is the issue. My milliners measuring device always measures a bit small (7 5/8 hats measure between 7 1/2 and 7 5/8). It’s never measured any hat on the large side. This 62 maxed out the tool and it’s just starting to snug up. I’d say this is a legitimate 7 7/8 or 63cm hat or maybe even a touch more! It wants to fall down over my ears.
Ugh! That's unfortunate, 'cause I thought that cap looked good on you. I hope you have better luck with the replacement.

I had forgotten about this thread, so here's my entry--a "Gecko" in navy blue linen:

1Gl6ccI.jpg

Initially the fit was just a bit snug, but it loosened up just a little fairly quickly. Nice color, good shape, strong craftsmanship, and it's light and comfortable. My first Sterkowski cap, but probably not my last.

First post in the hats forum! Just purchased this watch cap. Love the look of it. It’s en route now. I upgraded the shipping to fed ex as the weather in Chicago is looking to take a permanent turn this weekend and I need to cover my shiny dome.
A16D162C-322D-4953-8768-49935125182A.jpeg

glider

A-List Customer
I now have 4 hats from them, happy with all of them. Now you guys have got me thinking that I need to go on their web site and see if there is anything new that I need. They do sell a few fedoras; I am very tempted to try one, they are very reasonably priced. They also sell a deer slayer hat, that's the double brim cap that Sherlock Holmes wore. I may just get one of those.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Pedantic correction: You mean a deerstalker, glider. The only "deerslayer" I know of is James Fenimore Cooper's Hawkeye.

I had a deerstalker back in my teenage hat collecting days - some of my parents' friends, knowing of my hat collection, brought me one they found at a shop in England. (Picture for an oral report about hats I did in eighth grade, 1968):

HATREP3.JPG

dkstott

Practically Family
My Rambler cap has a bit of fluff or puffiness to the body of the cap. It needs to be sat on or stuffed in a pocket to flatten it out.

I've got my eye on a couple of their caps to add to my collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko