Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sterkowski caps

That's a brand used to be talked about round here a lot, but has sort of disappeared from visibility. Nice to see they are still around - I have one of their eight panel caps somewhere I got years ago, quite enjoyed the fact it had a wire in the peak so it could be shaped.

These always looked like a nice version of the Brando cap, though I wasn't so keen on the strip of gold leather they used in place of the original's chain.

I see Brett Stiles, the man behind B!Ware, a few times a week as he’s an avid walker and his path goes by my office. He’s made me a few caps over the last several years. You might see if he could switch out the gold leather for a chain?

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
Here is a hat I bought from Sterkowski. High quality, fits great, looks great!

Attachments

• Old Sailor with Pipe Cropped.png
    Old Sailor with Pipe Cropped.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 76

dkstott

Practically Family

Sterkowski Caps&Hats​

Good news! Your order has been shipped

That was fast!
My orders typically take 2 weeks for delivery.

Fwiw almost all of Sterkowski caps are also sold on Amazon. I've found that returns are easier to process via Amazon vs dealing with sterkowski in Poland.

dkstott

Practically Family
That blue is lighter/brighter than I expected; I'm not yet sure if I like it more, or less. Oh well, I suppose I'll be saving myself a few bucks until I decide. ;)
The mix of black in the blue helps mute it a bit.. The blue might looks a little brighter because I photographed it in the sunlight. It definitely darker in the shade and indoors.

its a blue tone that I really like.

Here's what it looks like indoors under fluorescent lighting
20221025_163822.jpg

Last edited:

glider

A-List Customer
I am probably going to need one of those. A very nice-looking cap and I'm betting really warm! I don't have a Sterkowski with a quilt lining like that.

v7LymKt.jpg

Sterkowski "Malone", an eight-panel Newsboy style cap. Listed as "Blue-black", there's a hint of brown/rust color in there as well. Quilted liner, Harris tweed, very comfortable even in warmer weather.

etAycPj.jpg

Sterkowski "Rambler", a four-panel Newsboy style cap. Listed as "Blue-brown", as you can see there's a hint of orange-red. Quilted liner, Harris tweed, also very comfortable year 'round.

The crowns on both caps are constructed in such a way that they've held their shapes during the 7-8 months I've owned and worn them; the nice folks at Sterkowski know how to make caps.

dkstott

Practically Family
v7LymKt.jpg

Sterkowski "Malone", an eight-panel Newsboy style cap. Listed as "Blue-black", there's a hint of brown/rust color in there as well. Quilted liner, Harris tweed, very comfortable even in warmer weather.

etAycPj.jpg

Sterkowski "Rambler", a four-panel Newsboy style cap. Listed as "Blue-brown", as you can see there's a hint of orange-red. Quilted liner, Harris tweed, also very comfortable year 'round.

The crowns on both caps are constructed in such a way that they've held their shapes during the 7-8 months I've owned and worn them; the nice folks at Sterkowski know how to make caps.
Interesting.

I can wear wool caps with regular linings all summer without any excess sweating.

But those with quilted linings are just too hot & have to wait until daytime temps get cooler.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I came across Sterkowski rather by chance and got my first cap, a Shelby. Great. It has the potential to become my favourite cap because the size and fit are perfect. A second one made of corduroy is on its way.
In my opinion, it can play in the same league as Stetson and Diefenthal.

IMG_1762.jpeg

glider

A-List Customer
I came across Sterkowski rather by chance and got my first cap, a Shelby. Great. It has the potential to become my favourite cap because the size and fit are perfect. A second one made of corduroy is on its way.
In my opinion, it can play in the same league as Stetson and Diefenthal.

View attachment 553672
I have 5 or 6 of theirs I think, all good stuff. I'm do for a new one actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk