STETSON 7x CLEAR BEAVER QUALITY

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Razzman, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Alan.

2. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

They knocked that one out of the park. Wish we could figure out that store mark.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Tukwila and Bamaboots like this.
  3. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Great writeup and pics as always Greg.
    That’s a special hat in my book on several different levels. I’ll bet it’s about the only one around. I certainly have never seen the like!
    If memory serves, i thought i read where the Brockville plant stamped dates on the inner sweatband?? I could be wrong but have you looked? Maybe i asked before idk.
    Gorgeous one off Grey.
    B

Ross Young likes this.
  4. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

I agree, Jim. I thought a couple of our newer members, N of the border might have some input. Johnny hasn't been around much lately.

I'll be damned. After your post I did find a stamp on the inside right next to the store stamping. It's superficial and sort of indigo in color and I was unable to decipher anything and have been unable to capture it in photogragh well. It appears to be a continuous roll stamp going across the leather before it was cut into strips for the sweatbands. I'll try to get some pics later.

5. J Williams

J Williams A-List Customer

I did find one little item for you Greg. This appears to be the same hat box from the brockville museum. It has a 1941 date attached through a handwritten note on the box lid. Did the hat ship from Canada?

I also saw a year old post from a guy saying he had ‘100+ NOS fedoras from the brockville plant’ and was wondering if there was a market for such a thing. I’ll keep you guys posted while I run down that lead....

http://brockville.minisisinc.com/SCRIPTS/MWIMAIN.DLL/130912005/2/55/2647?RECORD&DATABASE=COLLECTIONS

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Ross Young likes this.
  6. J Williams

7. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thank you for all this work, J. Interesting. The hat did ship from Canada. I could not make a connection on the first link.

8. That's just outstanding, Greg. Cool box, too.

Tukwila, Steve1857 and Bamaboots like this.
  9. J Williams

Here is the proper first link. The museum has all of there stuff archived online. I used the search function and typed ‘hat’ and also tried ‘Stetson’ lots of cool information and photos of the plant etc. There is one on there that has images of the inside of another Stetson hat. Definitely the same size tag etc.

http://brockville.minisisinc.com/sc...CTIONS/WEB_DETAIL_REP/SISN 2647?sessionsearch

Where in Canada did it ship from? Some of the hats I bought came from close by where the store was located might narrow down a search for that elusive store logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobHufford and Bamaboots like this.
  10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Perry.

11. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

It shipped from Ontario. Thanks for the link? I enjoyed that. The boxes are the same. Very cool. Thank you again for looking into this.

12. J Williams

Yeah no problem. I was doing similar research so I just kept it in mind. I have family that grew up in Ontario if you let me know what city it shipped from it might help to find the store.

13. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

J, I was mistaken. Another hat I bought out of Canada came out of Ontario. This one shipped out of Montreal. I also sent a note to the seller for any additional information. Nothing back yet.

Tukwila likes this.
  14. Hagwood

Hagwood One Too Many

Dang, I don’t know how I missed this thread, I even searched for one when I got mine a few weeks back.

A bunch of great looking hats here, and now y’all made me want to find an embroidered last drop !!

Well I already posted this on the new hats thread, but I figured I should document it here too. Thanks to Randy @Rmccamey for telling me about it on Shop Goodwill. It’s in excellent condition and I do love it. There’s definitely something special about these hats.....

81DE0664-4BA9-4280-899E-EF5F135C1E58.jpeg

8C587CB4-5632-42F2-A235-EDD17B275DF4.jpeg

13361680-D28E-4B8B-8DDB-46E2F65502B0.jpeg

03E1EA4F-DADF-4C13-A37C-5B7EE942A513.jpeg

C8CE8B67-AF4F-4DE1-8E0A-0888BC84F4C2.jpeg

BF48B41A-6DF5-4D57-8C38-EC192D5E3248.jpeg

C2BC919A-C388-4799-9788-9A201D0404A5.jpeg

2D0C9222-9C62-41A7-B8BB-218F9D6B901D.jpeg

15. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Glad you are enjoying the 7X. They have eluded me so far but I keep searching!

16. Just Daniel

Just Daniel Practically Family

Some stressful negotiations went into this one, but now it’s on its way. I would guess this is a 40s hat. Early or late? I guess early, but who knows.

Andrew J Sardoni served in the PA State Senate from 27-38, but these guys call themselves Senator forever.

After reading through as much info here as I could find I can’t really establish a date for early CBs. I think Alan dates his 5X CBs to the 30s, and I have a 7X CB with a Vitafelt stamp (~42-47), but do we have better dates on the start of this line?

We’ll see what the reorder tags show upon delivery.

Woohoo!

PS So far a review of the Miller Stockman Catalog thread only lists 5X hats through 37-38.

83C6721F-16EA-4CAF-9DCE-434BF2652D05.jpeg

0EF86E0D-AE6F-4279-AD0A-01A2198343E8.jpeg 5E2A6568-68F7-478F-B356-24870E8EFD7D.jpeg DD5E5D34-550C-4E98-A684-EE1DD29320D9.jpeg D2F3C3B9-DA9A-42EF-86F1-366134855F37.jpeg 416335B5-1DBD-46E5-80C4-AE047C0B42FA.jpeg B5B15503-3071-4D0F-8117-F161847D671D.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  17. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

You will find 7x hats on 1920’s price list and mentioned in the Hat Box newsletters.

Ross Young, M Hatman, Tukwila and 2 others like this.
  18. Just Daniel

Just Daniel Practically Family

Thanks Vic. I doubt this is all that close to the 20s, but 30s would obviously be a dream.

Tukwila likes this.
  19. J Williams

Nice one Daniel. I was also in negotiations with the seller but decided to leave it. Of course followed by regret once it was sold.

I’m happy it showed up here and look forward to seeing more of it when it arrives!

Tukwila likes this.
  20. Hagwood

Hagwood One Too Many

Very nice find ! Can't wait to see more when you get it.

Does that type of Sweat with the ribbon through it have a name for it ? I've seen a few like that, but would like to know what it's called when researching.

Just Daniel likes this.