Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Auction

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
In case anyone is interested ,this Saturday in St Joseph ,Mo ,there will be an auction at the old Stetson factory. I don't know what is there but if anyone from the area can find out , it may be interesting to go .:cool2:

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Cant Stop my supply of cheap Hats!!!!

There will be an auction beginning at 9am this Saturday of equipment, office furn, some machinery, hat bodies, unfinished hats etc. Since I'm only a wearer and not a maker, it doesnt sound like a way for me to spend a day. I'm not sure of the equipment involved, I wouldnt know if I saw it probably. The outlet will not be closing however. There is still hope Johnnysan!!! Their phone # is 816 233-3286 if anyone is interested in any machinery or hat bodies. Sorry, this is the extent of my knowledge. PERHAPS someone at the store MAY be able to give more info, or the auction co.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Here is some info about the auction. There will be dozens of old hats from the 1940's and up . Still in their original boxes!!!!!! As for the other stuff , I;m stil :cool2: trying to find out some info .

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
besdor said:
Here is some info about the auction. There will be dozens of old hats from the 1940's and up . Still in their original boxes!!!!!! As for the other stuff , I;m stil :cool2: trying to find out some info .

AAAGGGHHH! Wish I could be there to see if there are any size 7 3/8 hats, particularly with a Cavanagh Edge! Or a Whippet.

Brad

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
If anyone out there has a truck and a lot of space , this will be the chance of a lifetime to buy great hats at a fraction of the price .
Go to www.greenacressells.com and link to the Stetson auction .
:cool2:

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Who said Life was Fair...

Unbelievable.... I guess we should see ebay swamped with vintage stetsons. Maybe this will bring the rising prices down... maybe.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Any Fedora Members going?

I know if there're are any Fedora Lounge members going they'd be nuts to let the rest of us know, but... if anyone is going and brave enough to say it here, can I give you my order? You can go ahead and tac on a reasonable finders fee !!!
I've been intriqued by a Stetson Flagship I recently saw, but no matter where I search I can't find any information???? Watch, there'll be some at the auction :cry: :cry:

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Maybe someone with a U haul out there wants to go on a road trip to St Jo ?
I think most of the hats will be westerns but there are a lot of hats that were brought over from PA (the original factory) .:cool2:

Sure wish I had known about this a couple of weeks ago. Anybody here actually going? I bet one of those oak-and-glass cases is exactly what I've been searching for. Dang.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
This is a once in a lifetime chance people !! In those file cabnets are all of the old catalogs and posters that Stetson put out over the last 50 years . One can only imagine what is there . The people from Stetson obviously didn't want the stuff so it will be a good chance for someone to get it a good buy.
Good luck to hoever makes the trip .:cool2:

No kiddin' there, besdor. Any Loungers live within driving distance of St. Joe? Want gas money? My cell phone number? My credit card info? My first-born? We still have something like 36 hours. Now is the time for a good man (or woman) to come to the aid of his (or her) nation! Time's awastin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy