Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson crest dating

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Dinerman! Alan, I'll certainly try for good photos, but mine never measure up to the Lounge's better camera work.

I hope the new owner has it professionally cleaned. I just can't bring myself to try the naptha dunk on such an oldie but goodie.

panama red

New in Town
KGrHqRpIE-z3DFyu1BPupIVuvBg60_57.jpg
Not yet valuable enough for a market in fraudulent Stetsons.

Are you saying this is a fraudulent hat? I am bidding on it and thought it genuine.
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t363/derekandrosa/th_KGrHqRpIE-z3DFyu1BPupIVuvBg60_57.jpg

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This EXTREMELY historically important advertisement for Stetson crests is from an American Hatter Publication from Dec 1894.

stetson_trademarks_dec_1894.jpg

Thanks for posting this originally, Bill.

fedoracentric

Banned
The Oldest Stetson Crests Logos

OK, we already know that the beaver and griffin crest (with stars pre 1950-with maple leaf after) is the normal Stetson crest or logo that we see on most hats from like 1890 or 1900 (?) to today.

But we also know there are older crests that are very different than the beaver/griffin version. These all seem to be from before 1920 or so, right?

Now, I'm not talking about model names or quality markings. Just the actual company logos or crests.

So, let's see your older Stetson crests...

I will start with two I saw on ebay this week and that one from a previous Stetson post here at the lounge.

Stetson logos on the back of a card celebrating America's 1876 centennial

stetson_1876_crestsk.jpg
(This was in one of the earlier posts here on the Lounge)

Stetson Crest in a pre 1913 (at least) Gibus Top Hat

Stetson_Logo_Gibus_Hat_pre-1913.jpg
(I saw this on ebay in a totally destroyed Gibus hat--any help dating this besides the address clue?)

Found in a Stetson Top Hat Post 1913

Stetson_topper_pre1900.jpg
(This was also on ebay and the guy thinks this worn, slightly beaten silk topper is a hat worth $400! Riiiiight)

So.... what do you guys have? Any older ones?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner