Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Gun Club...any thoughts?

citRon

A-List Customer
Anyone have any experience with the Stetson Gun Club line? The 'Kissimmee' model has a nice color; replace the band with a nice ribbon, maybe a brim trim...has potential. What do you think-
0440-KISSIMMEE-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I like mine. I'm thinking that it may be one of the older hats in the "Gun Club" line. It doesn't have any other name---just "Gun Club". By the way, please pardon my post-holidays gut, promently showing in this photo. Since early last month, I've been working to trim away some of this embarrassing bulk.

JackiesTesters049.jpg

Atticus

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
I like Gun Club

I bought the Diamond Jim hat about 2 months ago. It's a moderately western style that I like for dressing more casual. It's a great hat. It's very stiff as western hats tend to be. The felt feels good.

I've also recently purchased an Akubra Federation Deluxe. Shipping costs aside, these hats cost about the same. I'd have to say that the Akubra is a better quality hat. So, if you can find a style you like from them you might be happier. If not, I doubt you'd be disappointed with the Stetson.

Havana

One of the Regulars
I had a black Diamond Jim. The crown shrank into a cone shape after exposure to only a couple of minor rain showers. That was back before I knew of Akubra. Check out a Coober Pedy from David Morgan or any other Akubra. You money will be better spent. I ended up tossing my Stetson into a bonfire. It didn't even burn well.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Havana said:
I had a black Diamond Jim. The crown shrank into a cone shape after exposure to only a couple of minor rain showers. That was back before I knew of Akubra. Check out a Coober Pedy from David Morgan or any other Akubra. You money will be better spent. I ended up tossing my Stetson into a bonfire. It didn't even burn well.

We need to do a head to head comparison to see which burns better, Stetson or Akubra. :D

citRon

A-List Customer
As far as price, Shepler's has it for $110.00, and I have a $25.00 gift card for there. But, if it's crap, it's crap, even if moderately priced crap. I have enough firewood right now...
The Coober Pedy is another perfect style, dimensions, etc hat, but again, I don't like the 'shotgun blast to the side' vent holes!

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
Just bought a Bear Creek Stetson, from noggintops. The snap brim is 2 3/8 which gives me plenty of shoulder movement for clay shooting. The felt is pretty soft and I am unsure how it would take to a hard rain but I like the casualness of it while still being a pretty classy fedora. Also have an Akubra Banjo Patterson and it is very high quality, imho, is very stiff and has stood up to lots of outdoor wear.

citRon

A-List Customer
I'm making a list of 'potential' Akubras right now. The problem is either one model has 'ventilation holes' which I don't need/want, or they are not offered in a color I like. Thinking of getting a Snowy River and tweaking the brim a bit.
Gun Club owners,: Might I bother you for pics of your hats?
Dogsplayinpoker, pics of your Bear Creek, -lookin at that as well. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff