Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Hat

Working_Man

New in Town
I picked this Stetson up at a thrift shop a while ago and wondering if this would qualify as a fedora? It has a 2 3/4" brim and a 5" crown. It's in beautiful condition, unfortunatly I wear a 7 3/8 and this one is a 7 1/8.
Working Man
2004_0113magrack0011-1.jpg

2004_0113magrack0010-1.jpg

2004_0113magrack0008.jpg

2004_0113magrack0017.jpg

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Yessir...

you got yourself one fine fedora there, fella! Welcome to the Lounge...and thanks for making us all jealous in the process! ;) :eusa_clap ;)

--Not the Lulu

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yup, Thats a really good one.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
You will have no problem trading or selling that one for sure.

Working_Man

New in Town
Thanks all, I gotta say it is a dandy, I sure wish it fit me. I bought it several months ago and forgot about it untill yesterday when going through the top of my closet. I'm always looking for fedora style hats and never seem to come across any. What defines a hat as a fedora?
Working Man

RBH

Bartender
This from Wikipedia,

The fedora is a soft felt hat that is creased lengthwise down the crown and pinched in the front on both sides. Similar hats with a C-crown (with an indentation for the head in the top of the crown) are occasionally called fedoras. The fedora is supposed to have been invented in the mid-1910s, but the term fedora was in use as early as 1891.

Beginning in the 19th century, the fedora came into use as an upper-class clothing accessory. Hats that resemble the soft felt version are often called fedoras even if they are made of straw or twill.

Hope this helps.

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Working_Man said:
Thanks all, I gotta say it is a dandy, I sure wish it fit me. I bought it several months ago and forgot about it untill yesterday when going through the top of my closet. I'm always looking for fedora style hats and never seem to come across any. What defines a hat as a fedora?
Working Man

You're killing me! Since it doesn't fit, just send it to me (I'll pay the shipping) and I'll see that it's properly disposed of....no extra charge. Am I a pal or what?;)

--Not the Lulu
<--That's the Lulu

Working_Man

New in Town
luvthatlulu said:
You're killing me! Since it doesn't fit, just send it to me (I'll pay the shipping) and I'll see that it's properly disposed of....no extra charge. Am I a pal or what?;)

Yep, your a pal alright lol I'll most likely sell it or trade it off for something else, I'm not a collector I use all this junk:p
Working Man

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Working_Man said:
luvthatlulu said:

Yep, your a pal alright lol I'll most likely sell it or trade it off for something else, I'm not a collector I use all this junk:p
Working Man

Alright...be that way!

You won't have a problem finding someone who wants it in the Lounge. That's a very nice hat and a shame it doesn't fit you. ;)

--Not the Lulu
<--That's the Lulu

Duck

Practically Family
What a Find!!!!!

Fantastic hat!!!! Just my size and long oval too!!:D :D
It appears to be a great green color. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
I'm a little slow on the uptake here, it took me forever to get all the drool off my keyboard before I could post a reply in this thread. That is one DAMN FINE looking lid there, if I may say so! The colors are beautiful; I don't think I've seen a Whippet yet (during my rather short foray into the world of fine headwear) with that combination. They've all been of the standard blue-gray with black ribbon variety. Congratulations on an amazing find! Too bad I'm a charter member of the Big-Head Society, or I'd be beating down your door along with everybody else to get that hat off your hands!

Regards, Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou