Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Hemp Stratoliner

Bolero

A-List Customer
band-of-angels-797156l[1].jpg

Band of Angels....The Ultimate Plantation or Gambler....I think Ester has a Yevon DeCarlo hat like she is Sporting...

I found this thread again, and read it with abandon. Taking both Eric and Anthony's excellent reviews in mind, I have gone back over my new Stetson Stratoliner Milan in Hemp. There are some of the same issues with the ribbon installation, but not as prominent as described. At least not enough to detract from wearing. The overall quality is fine with me, I may have other opinions as I fondle further. It does need some steam therapy however.
23Aug17 Stetson Hemp Stratoliner rear.jpg
Stetson liner tip logo.jpg
23Aug17 Stetson Hemp Milan Stratoliner.jpg

Mustang Mike's Hats

A-List Customer
I found this thread again, and read it with abandon. Taking both Eric and Anthony's excellent reviews in mind, I have gone back over my new Stetson Stratoliner Milan in Hemp. There are some of the same issues with the ribbon installation, but not as prominent as described. At least not enough to detract from wearing. The overall quality is fine with me, I may have other opinions as I fondle further. It does need some steam therapy however.
View attachment 83358 View attachment 83359 View attachment 83360

Oooooo... I REALLY like that one!!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I can't can't say enough how much I like this one, Mike. The sand color is perfect and the only thing I would change is the front brim in snapped-down mode. Steam will do it! I've applied steam twice to my Stetson Florentine Milan and it finally stays down where I want it.

Rockwater

A-List Customer
IMG_7051.JPG
I had this hat since April, and have treated it roughy on dusty construction sites. This is a sage that has faded to perfection in my opinion. I have washed it in soapy water several times and it is now wonderfully soft and has retained its shape.
P.S. I have two backups, one sage, one navy. Who knows, they could discontinue.

Scooterz

Practically Family

Wow. Love that hat! Is that vintage or modern? Is that hemp in a milan color?

Scooterz

Practically Family
Also i have a question about the care and feeding of a modern stetson hemp hat. Can it handle some rain? Will snapping the brim down when you wear it and up when done for the day breakdown the straw? Any other things one should know about a hemp straw hat?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Also i have a question about the care and feeding of a modern stetson hemp hat. Can it handle some rain? Will snapping the brim down when you wear it and up when done for the day breakdown the straw? Any other things one should know about a hemp straw hat?
Hemp is tough stuff. See the post above by @Rockwater ? He washes his with soap and water, treats it rough on construction sites....

View attachment 83450 I had this hat since April, and have treated it roughy on dusty construction sites. This is a sage that has faded to perfection in my opinion. I have washed it in soapy water several times and it is now wonderfully soft and has retained its shape.
P.S. I have two backups, one sage, one navy. Who knows, they could discontinue.
Mine wont go through that much abuse, but wow! Gives me hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot