Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Open Road Straw?

Monte

A-List Customer
A few weeks ago, I asked a local western store attendant if he was getting any smaller brimmed straws or Open Road straws in and he said they would not be getting any this year...too bad.

Ranbro

New in Town
I ordered one the "real" Panama Stetson ORs from Myer the Hatter in New Orleans in May. You can see the red hecho in Ecuador stamp inside the crown. The front of the brim allows a nice snap and has a real leather sweat band. It's a natural colored straw compared to the blinding white Stetson shantung straw version.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I ordered one the "real" Panama Stetson ORs from Myer the Hatter in New Orleans in May. You can see the red hecho in Ecuador stamp inside the crown. The front of the brim allows a nice snap and has a real leather sweat band. It's a natural colored straw compared to the blinding white Stetson shantung straw version.

I've been wanting one of those. If you don't mind me asking, how's the fit? Is it about true to size? I ask because I'm a betweenie. My hat size varies between 7 5/8 and 7 3/4 depending on brand and style.

AF

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Can you post a couple pics if you have a chance?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Ranbro. I just ordered one for myself. I've been looking for a vintage Panama OR because I was under the impression that Stetson no longer made them. I thought they only made the Shantung version. I'm very glad that I clicked onto this thread today.

AF

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Here are some pictures of my Canadian made OR Panama. No idea what year this one is, it was an eBay score. One caveat: yes, the crown is bulgy at the bottom because this is a 6 7/8 that I stretched. I should have it properly reblocked (and one side of the ribbon needs to be retacked), but low on funds at the moment. I also think that this needs a flatter flange...

RJR

Hat-Stetson-OR-Panama 3.jpg
I've enjoyed mine;certainly not like a quality panama but it does its job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ