Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Pinnacle Beaver Fur Felt Fedora Hat

dylanmitchell

New in Town
Picked up a Stetson Pinnacle from Amazon of all places and it's a gorgeous hat. Have a few questions. I think it's new old stock and it looks like the Pinnacle is being closed out or discontinued at other retailers too. Says 100 percent Beaver but it that possible or would some rabbit or other need to be mixed in? The satin lining edges under the hat band are very uneven is that typical?
I've liked this hat since I saw it a few years ago but could justify the $300 plus it sold for too close to the cost of a custom hat. Saw Village Hat Shop had it on sale but was out of the 7 3/4 so I started searching for a Pinnacle 7 3/4 and got it from Amazon for under $200. With Amazon pricing logic the other 7 3/4 in stock was over $300 and now around $224

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R3LmConm2i4rRV9aA

Attachments

• Amazon_Redacted.pdf
    99.9 KB · Views: 513

RJR

Picked up a Stetson Pinnacle from Amazon of all places and it's a gorgeous hat. Have a few questions. I think it's new old stock and it looks like the Pinnacle is being closed out or discontinued at other retailers too. Says 100 percent Beaver but it that possible or would some rabbit or other need to be mixed in? The satin lining edges under the hat band are very uneven is that typical?
I've liked this hat since I saw it a few years ago but could justify the $300 plus it sold for too close to the cost of a custom hat. Saw Village Hat Shop had it on sale but was out of the 7 3/4 so I started searching for a Pinnacle 7 3/4 and got it from Amazon for under $200. With Amazon pricing logic the other 7 3/4 in stock was over $300 and now around $224

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R3LmConm2i4rRV9aA
Hat-Stetson Pinnacle-Foldable 1.jpg
I've had this Pinnacle for several years.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Well, yes, it should be 100% beaver. The liner is meant to tuck under the sweat band, so unless any of that unevenness is showing, I wouldn't worry about it. I think your NOS assessment is correct. More recent versions should have the "Excellent Quality" liner.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I have decided I want a Stetson Pinnacle as a gift to myself for my 60th birthday this year. But I see 7 3/4 is the largest size available. I bought a Stetson Temple several years ago sized 7 7/8 which fits perfectly, and the Pinnacle is basically the same hat in 100% beaver, right? Does anyone know where or how to find a Pinnacle in 7 7/8?

I have decided I want a Stetson Pinnacle as a gift to myself for my 60th birthday this year. But I see 7 3/4 is the largest size available. I bought a Stetson Temple several years ago sized 7 7/8 which fits perfectly, and the Pinnacle is basically the same hat in 100% beaver, right? Does anyone know where or how to find a Pinnacle in 7 7/8?

I don’t see it in the current Stetson catalog. I’m also not sure if it was even made in your size; the current “Pure” line stops at 7 ¾. I see that One 2 Mini Ranch has some in stock, but they are out of the larger sizes and they don’t list anything over 7 ¾. You can call both outlets, but…?

I completely get that not everyone wants a custom hat, but at the price of the Pinnacle that’s an option too.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I don’t see it in the current Stetson catalog. I’m also not sure if it was even made in your size; the current “Pure” line stops at 7 ¾. I see that One 2 Mini Ranch has some in stock, but they are out of the larger sizes and they don’t list anything over 7 ¾. You can call both outlets, but…?

I completely get that not everyone wants a custom hat, but at the price of the Pinnacle that’s an option too.

Thanks for the comment, i may look at going custom. I may just go with the 73/4 and try to stretch it a bit. I’m not sure. But while I have my wife on board with me getting a hat that costs that much I need to decide quick!

Thanks for the comment, i may look at going custom. I may just go with the 73/4 and try to stretch it a bit. I’m not sure. But while I have my wife on board with me getting a hat that costs that much I need to decide quick!
I have a Stetson LE, their former 100% beaver offering from 2015.

The felt is quite nice..... not a wow but very good. But what turned me off was the cheap polyester ribbon and crap sweat band. I thought it was terrible for their top end hat to be finished in such substandard materials.
For the $350 to $400 you will get a far superior hat for your money if you go the custom route.

The felt is quite nice..... not a wow but very good. But what turned me off was the cheap polyester ribbon and crap sweat band. I thought it was terrible for their top end hat to be finished in such substandard materials.
For the $350 to $400 you will get a far superior hat for your money if you go the custom route.

I had two of the New York LE hats: tobacco and phantom grey. The felt on one was nice, but the felt on the other was incredible. It compared favorably to some of the best vintage felt I’ve handled and I don’t know that I’ve held a modern custom that shades it. It’s was a revelation as to what could still be done.

The build quality, the blocking, and above all, the dimensions (they fit great, but we’re otherwise too small all around), caused them to not make the cut.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many

Thank you for the advice!
I decided to go with the Stetson Pinnacle after all. It’s on sale and I’m able to get it for over a hundred dollars off the list price. So getting a pure beaver hat for around $255 was something I thought was a good choice.
I love The Lounge because of all the great folks in here, thanks guys for your input.

I decided to go with the Stetson Pinnacle after all. It’s on sale and I’m able to get it for over a hundred dollars off the list price. So getting a pure beaver hat for around $255 was something I thought was a good choice.
I love The Lounge because of all the great folks in here, thanks guys for your input.

Did you find one in 7 ⅞?

enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner