Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Pinnacle, black, size 7 3/4, 100% beaver for sale

Splitcoil

One of the Regulars
Stetson Pinnacle, size 7 ¾, black, 100% beaver

Here we have a bone stock Stetson Pinnacle in black. Shape is a fairly typical modern Stetson, with a tapering crown that makes height a little iffy to measure but I’d call it a 4 1/4” crown (measured at the back to the point where it rolls over, not to the stretched center when open). Brim is 2 ½” in front, 2 1/4" on the sides, 2 1/2" in back, unbound. It’s in excellent condition and the 100% beaver felt is very nice, soft to the touch, flexible, and good in the rain. There are no stains, no moth bites, no funky smells, and no pending gypsy curses. It’s in a non-smoking household, and while we do have a cat, I never caught him sleeping in it or stuffing fur under the liner. I have not committed any serious crimes while wearing this hat, so DNA testing of the luscious all-beaver felt is unlikely to result in a lengthy prison sentence (but if it does, contact me for partial refund). The beavers from which it was made lived long, productive, and moral beaver lives before donating their fur to science(-ish). I cannot guarantee that benevolent beaver spirits will watch over you forever if you wear this hat, but it seems like at least an even bet that they will. So don't wear it while doing anything you wouldn't want benevolent beaver spirits to see. If I hadn’t found a wonderful vintage Stetson in black with the stingy brim I prefer, I’d still be wearing this as it's one of the most comfortable hats I've ever owned.

Offered for $120 shipped in CONUS. If you’re not in CONUS, drop me a line and we can discuss shipping. It will ship in a hat box. I swear I'm better at mailing things than I am at taking photographs. If you’re new to the fedora game, or have been wondering what all the fuss over 100% beaver is about, this is likely your most affordable chance to try it out. Ask anyone and they'll tell you they'll always remember when they got their first beaver felt.

I would consider trades for the right hat in 7 3/8, as a buddy of mine in that size is getting into fedoras and I owe him a Christmas/birthday/Kwanzaa gift anyway. Contact me with any such offers.

IMG_0332_zpsdb761ffa.jpg

IMG_0333_zpsefde59f0.jpg

IMG_0334_zps27f8279a.jpg

IMG_0335_zpsdd238efc.jpg

IMG_0336_zps1efa9701.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner