Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Playboy: Stretching & restoring...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Wow!:eek: That is amazing. Well done to be sure!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
But please, let's the pics on the noggin maybe in some natural light. :)
Thank you for sharing this.

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks! I'll post a noggin shot outside in the sun tomorrow!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
What can I say? Amazing job - once again! Ain't it great to know that you can work on a lid without having to fear that you'll possibly destroy it? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now let's talk business...you have a source for vintage grosgrain ribbons? :D

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
What can I say? Amazing job - once again! Ain't it great to know that you can work on a lid without having to fear that you'll possibly destroy it? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now let's talk business...you have a source for vintage grosgrain ribbons? :D

It is a great feeling!
I do know a store that has a decent stock of vintage ribbons... but that, Mario, is a secret! lol lol
Just kidding. PM what's in our mind. :D

Glenn77

New in Town
stretching

Question; how much can a hat be stretched as a general rule? I have seen some nice hats sized 7 or 7 1/8. I wear 7 1/4. Can I stretch to my size?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
Playboy.jpg

WOWEE! Absolutely wonderful job, A'. That hat is so much more 'your own' now after putting the TLC into it. Wear it well, m'friend. :)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Glenn77 said:
Question; how much can a hat be stretched as a general rule? I have seen some nice hats sized 7 or 7 1/8. I wear 7 1/4. Can I stretch to my size?

Well, this playboy was 6 3/8. I wear 7 1/8. Sweat was split so that helped. I don't recommend stretching this much. I was lucky. 1/8 to 1/4 should be fine though.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
I wouldn't really call that a split sweatband. Very possible that someone removed the stitches to allow it to accomodate a head that was a bit too big.

If it had been the correct size re-stitching would be simple.

I get more hats stuffed into a too-small box than properly packed. I always assume I'm going to have to do some reshaping.

Heck of a deal and a nice job fixing it up.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:

Holy cow Aureliano, you really did an amazing job. I love the new ribbon and the bow is perfectly symmetrical and tied perfect. I really have to get myself a hat stretcher and a flange. Every time I restore a vintage hat, I always have to flange by hand which takes forever.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Joshbru3 said:
Holy cow Aureliano, you really did an amazing job. I love the new ribbon and the bow is perfectly symmetrical and tied perfect. I really have to get myself a hat stretcher and a flange. Every time I restore a vintage hat, I always have to flange by hand which takes forever.

Thank you, Sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou