Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stetson repair

How can I repair a small tear in my stetson right in the front pinch

• all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bob

New in Town
Is there a glue that I can use to repair a small tear in the crown of my hat. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Is there a glue that I can use to repair a small tear in the crown of my hat. Any suggestions would be appreciated
I have a set of felt sample swatches collected from various custom hatters. I have used pieces of them to fill moth divots and once used as a "boot" to back a tear/worn spot in the pinch. It lessened its visibility but did not hide it completely AND it did prevent its spreading. I cut it larger than the tear and spread just a touch of contact cement around the edge on the inside of the hat and slapped on the patch. Don't know if a custom hatter would approve but it was cheap and it worked for me.

Bob

New in Town
What type of contact cement.. It's beaver ,felt and an oldie but goody. Have a lot of hats but this is a favorite like an old pair of jeans.. broken in perfect. I don't want it to get worse. I thought of iron on patches but????. Thanks for replying and am open to any and all suggestions. Love this old strat................................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24