Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Royal Fur Felt Fedoras made in Mexico?

Federersfedora

New in Town
Newer Stetsons like you just purchased mainly come with a pre-pressed crease and are pretty stiff to hold this crease. They are difficult to manipulate. Stetson did have some open crown models for a few years, but as I understand it, those were recently discontinued.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thank you, makes sense.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Question: After receiving my hat I found that it was packed rather poorly, so I thought I would give it a light steam and an adjustment of the brim. I found the felt uncooperative, as in stiff, and hard to manipulate. I also noticed creasing occur on the brim as I adjusted the hat, which took some time to knead out. The hat looks great now but it was an unusual amount of effort to work the felt. Is this normal for fur felt hats? Never had his problem with Akubra, but then again the felt on Akubra is quite thin in comparison.

What did the hat smell like whilst steaming ? was it an earthy, doggy type odor or a not unpleasant sweet aroma ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112