Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Sweat Stamps/ LOT XXXX

Excellent! Thanks for adding this information.

I believe LOT6563 is the lowest number I've seen on a hat with later style single field manufacturing tag.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
DSCN0366_zpscb8f38e7.jpg

DSCN0362_zpsdb33593e.jpg

I think it reads "soft lw" (lightweight?) on top and ???7741 below.
DSCN0367_zps9efb9635.jpg

This might read "Lt"
DSCN0368_zpsfb3c6bd6.jpg

It's a work in progress at best, but post a photo of the marks here. I'd like to see it.

If it is a three digit LOTXXX number it might be pre-1920. There are a few hats on this thread with three digit numbers.

OK, will do. I'm not certain the lot number has 3 digits; I just can't be sure there's a fourth digit, and the first 3 are covered in filth. I'm thinking of ways to clean the back side of the sweatband without damaging the imprints.

The size label with "Block", "Depth", "Finish" sections is pretty standard 1900-1930s model, but the separate "To Reorder" is oddly coloured. I'll post some photos to that thread, and you chaps can weigh in with ideas …

It's a work in progress at best, but post a photo of the marks here. I'd like to see it.

If it is a three digit LOTXXX number it might be pre-1920. There are a few hats on this thread with three digit numbers.

OK, here are the best images I can get from this sweatband. it is very dirty indeed. I can see it better than my camera or scanner can capture it. It says LOT 308. There is no decipherable number after the 8, but I'm not sure if there is a number there or just a smudge of filth.

It's from a Number 1 Quality Western hat. I think this is a very old one. This sweatband is brown, just covered in an awful lot of grease:

westernrenovationsweatbandstamp.jpg

Reorder Number stamped on sweatband:

westernrenovationreorderstamp.jpg

Honestly, it does read LOT 308, at the bottom of this image, starting at the left.

westernrenovationlotnumber1.jpg

Easier to read LOT here, and the numbers 3 and 0, but of course the best quality image I get cuts off the 8!:eusa_doh:

westernrenovationlotnumber2.jpg

Further info. This hat has the circa 1900-early 30s information label. Quite faded, but looks to have been orange outer rather than the later red.

westernrenovationproductionlabel.jpg

And this reorder label/sticker that I haven't come across before. Typically the earlier ones are brown surrounding cream central square, and the later ones orange/red surrounding cream central square. This one is a brown or orange central square surrounded by greenish yellow. Anyone know anything about this reorder label?

westernrenovationreorderlabel.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

This one is REALLY interesting! It says "28 Die in Gold." Which would mean to me that the Die that made made the Stetson Exposition Medal Light Weight stamp is Die number 28. I have no idea what that means, but I have never seen a die referenced like this before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav