Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stetson temple

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
I have a few hats from that are stetsons, but I dont have a temple hat. I am looking to get a gray one; I already have many indy style fedoras so i thought i would get this one. Does anyone have one? Can you comment on it?
Thankyou

carter

I'll Lock Up
DnSchlng said:
I have a few hats from that are stetsons, but I dont have a temple hat. I am looking to get a gray one; I already have many indy style fedoras so i thought i would get this one. Does anyone have one? Can you comment on it?
Thankyou

I have one in Grey Full Beaver. Not a bad hat. It's what Stetson starting making after they stopped making the Indiana Jones hats.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
I would highly recommend it. It's one of the most comfortable hats you will ever wear. (I am not now, nor have I ever been an employee of HATCO!) :)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I've had a gray one for about six years (it still cost less than $100 then). It is a nice, comfortable, reasonably well made hat. While it totally fails as an Indy hat and isn't in the same league as vintage Stetsons, it remains a pretty snazzy looking, perfectly serviceable hat. It's not as tough or as well finished as my Akubras, but I still wear it plenty.

If you can just get past the vehement rage of the Indy crowd for it being such a poor excuse for an Indy fedora, it's a good hat. I wore mine in the snow here yesterday...

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Doctor Strange said:
...If you can just get past the vehement rage of the Indy crowd for it being such a poor excuse for an Indy fedora, it's a good hat. I wore mine in the snow here yesterday...

So that's where the hostility comes from! :)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've had a Stetson "Temple" for several years (see picture below) and it has been a very good hat. I would recommend it to anyone. It is very soft and light, and has held its shape well.

wbrown.jpg

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
I have three of them now in various colors. I bought the sage (olive) one first, followed by the grey and then picked up the fawn (light brown) at the Hatco outlet for $48.

I65Stang

New in Town
Thanks DnSchlng for making this post since you got answers I wasn't expecting! It seems everywhere I look the Temple is called an Indy and although the pics don't look like an Indy hat to me I was defering to their description :). Although the wife loves Indy, not quite the look I want for business wear lol.

It's one of the few fedoras that comes as big as my head (an honest Size 8) :) .

Tim

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
I've had a nougat colored Temple for a while and I'm happy with it. I usually wear it with the back brim up, but sometimes I snap it down. It looks good both ways.

Winsor

New in Town
The Stetson Temple

I have purchased 3 of them recently from Aaron Hats in black, mink (brown) and tawny in size 60 cm (7 1/2). They are extremely comfortable, even with the unexciting processed leather sweatband. The colors are great, esp. the tawny. Just stiff enough for the front snap brim to firmly stay down in all kinds of activity. While it certainly doesn't look like the "Indy" movie hat, it is perfect for city and business wear and I get lots of compliments on them. Dressier and sharper than any wool hat of similar shape. I will avoid wearing them in rain, although I don't think light sprinkles will hurt them. I sprayed Scouts on two of them but not on the tawny. Good Luck!
Mark
PS: I have learned to buy hats that are not too tight, because they NEVER get bigger! But some of my hats (not these) have gotten smaller! Buy a $20 Hat Jack to maintain size.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tawny Stetson Temple

Hello, everyone.

I have been looking at the Stetson Temple and wondering about the tawny color. I have been wanting to get a good hat for wearing in warmer months, but I hate to pop for this one at its price and without knowing exactly what color I'm getting. I understand that tawny is a beige color, but does anyone have a picture to post perhaps?

I'm a new fedora wearer and new to the lounge and would appreciate any input from any of you in the know.

Also, if you know where I can get a good deal on one, I'd really appreciate knowing that too.

Thanks,
Bob

david4king

New in Town
I was thinking about this hat but have read only bad things compared to Akubra. All you seem to like it, I think I will get one.

david4king said:
I was thinking about this hat but have read only bad things compared to Akubra. All you seem to like it, I think I will get one.
Akubra was such a good deal when the US & Aussie dollar made them very cheap for what quality you got in a good hat. I have a modern Stetson Pinnacle & waiting on a Sovereign Roadmaster. The rest of my modern Stetsons have been westerns that I used for AQHA & NRHA shows. I have noticed some sales pricing as last years models are getting moved out for newer ones. Good luck & post your review.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Temple is certainly a very nice hat, but with better-made Akubras (e.g., the Stylemaster, Campdraft, Squatter, Fedora, etc., at EverythingAustralian) selling for HALF the cost of a Temple right now, I don't think I'd buy a Temple today.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Doctor Strange said:
The Temple is certainly a very nice hat, but with better-made Akubras (e.g., the Stylemaster, Campdraft, Squatter, Fedora, etc., at EverythingAustralian) selling for HALF the cost of a Temple right now, I don't think I'd buy a Temple today.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but I just went to their website and did a search for Akubra. All that came up was a Snowy River Hat. I then did a search for fedora and got no results. I wonder if EA has stopped carrying Akubra or if they just need a better search feature.

I have several Akubras that I got from Hatsdirect (I like them), but I also have 2 Temples that I like a lot, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togs