Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson "The Avenue" Vita-Felt for Sale or Trade

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Greetings!

I have a few more hats to offer. All prices will include Priority shipping and insurance. For many reasons I am looking to sell these hats quick. I want to offer them to Loungers first but if a hat sits around for more than a week then it is off to eBay.

I will consider trades for any hat posted but I warn you, I am picky! I am looking for black hats and fuzzy/velour/longhair hats in almost any color (to include black!). I am looking for hats tagged or matching measurements of 7 1/4, 7 3/8 or 7 1/2. Brims must be at least 2 1/4 inches to be considered.

This is going to be a hat that I will surely regret selling. It is a dark enough green to almost be considered brown (I'd call it a dark olive color) with a nearly 2 inch greenish-blue ribbon with matching wind string. The bound brim is a reddish-brown color and is wider on the bottom of the brim than on the top. The felt on this hat is a bit more substantial than any other vita-Felt hat that I have come across.

The hat has been cleaned by Optimo. The whip-stitched sweatband is starting to come loose in 3 or 4 places due to popped stitches but the hat is still wearable as is.

The hat is tagged as a 7 1/4 but has been blocked to fit halfway between a 7 1/4 and 7 3/8.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

Crown height (open): 5 13/16 in
Brim width: 2 9/16 in
Length/Width of head opening: 8 in x 6 1/2 in

StetsonAvenue1.jpg

StetsonAvenue10.jpg

StetsonAvenue11.jpg

StetsonAvenue3.jpg

StetsonAvenue4.jpg

StetsonAvenue5.jpg

StetsonAvenue6.jpg

StetsonAvenue9.jpg

Asking $165

Regards to all,
Hollis

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Hat received. After participating briefly in the controversial (and prematurely imo closed) "classifieds" thread, I bought the above hat from Hollis with the intention of selling it on ebay and splitting the profits with him.

But....this hat is mine, all mine. A superb deal at his asking price, and I'm certain it would have been a good deal also, at the $200+ it would have fetched on ebay.

Thanks Hollis!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
Fantastic deal on a beautiful hat. :eusa_clap

Thanks. I have the advantage of knowing that Hollis and I are both 7 1/4 + 1/16, and we both have Optimo re-block our hats. So, I knew this one would be a perfect fit. What I didn't know was that the felt quality would be superb - it feels thicker and plusher than the other Vita Felt I owned (but it was a light-weight Playboy), and the eye appeal of the felt is amazing.

Scott <=== lookin kinda gangsta today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner