Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steven Spielberg to release new UFO movie in 2026

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The “Close Encounters” creator is about to jump into the topic of Alien Visitors again. The secretive New project has a release date of May 15, 2026. Both the title and the plot are as yet unknown.

We do know that Steven Spielberg is very interested in UFOs and has been following the latest news developments. What might this project look like? I’m hoping for a fictionalization of recent press headlines about claims of a top secret U.S. Government flying saucer crash recovery program and non-human intelligence. (If you are not familiar with these press reports, just Google the names David Grusch and Karl Nell.) I am just indulging in wild speculation, of course. The movie could come at the subject from any unexpected angle.

Whatever the case, Universal is already describing this new movie as an “event film.”

Do you have any thoughts or hopes about this newly announced Spielberg movie?

https://movieweb.com/steven-spielberg-ufo-movie-release-date-no-title-or-plot/

The clip that follows may provide some clues…

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The Oscar-winning director is making a UFO film based on his own idea, that's according to a report from Variety Magazine. He is reportedly teaming up again with screenwriter David Koepp, known for their collaboration on the 1993 Jurassic Park block buster.

As yet, no title has been announced for the upcoming film and details remain sketchy, but the reunion between the writer and director is undoubtedly an exciting prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
Nota bene-
My deleted post wasn't intended as 'political' or illegal non parking vehicle for argumentative
debate and regret if so taken.
A belated pardon but there is 'politics' and then there is life.
An overly broad parochial brush quite beyond published prohibit stirs pot a quite different stew.:)

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Oscar-winning director is making a UFO film based on his own idea, that's according to a report from Variety Magazine.
That unrelated Frank Sinatra project mentioned in the Variety article also sounds interesting. Don’t know about DiCaprio playing old blue eyes, but I suppose I could be convinced.

Don’t know why Spielberg is so interested in flying saucers, but a lot of people are, myself included. Mostly, I guess, it’s because of the high level people (seemingly sane) who keep coming forward with claims of knowledge about secret retrieval programs. With ZERO hard evidence given, I might add.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ce-UFO-retrieval-missions-whistleblowers.html

Obviously, stuff like the above is perfect grist for the screenwriting mill. Though Spielberg might be (and probably is) going in a completely different direction.

Nota bene-
My deleted post wasn't intended as 'political' or illegal non parking vehicle for argumentative
debate and regret if so taken.
A belated pardon but there is 'politics' and then there is life.
An overly broad parochial brush quite beyond published prohibit stirs pot a quite different stew.:)

i Went through a spell where I was quite annoyed that, in the WWII thread, we are not allowed to discuss the war in Ukraine. Shrugs.

Last edited:

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
i Went through a spell where I was quite annoyed that, in the WWII thread, we are not allowed to discuss the war in Ukraine. Shrugs.
I believe initial political prohibition administratively morphed beyond what ownership originally intended, which I wholeheartedly agree with; also the door opened to vindictive
members who sought to vantage quisling with inane complaint.

I have discussed UKRAINE on other sites; offering my opinion as a former British Army officer
Parachute Regiment without undue incident. Similarly, having studied law, economics, and
finance at Cambridge and LSE I've pitched pence here, there, and elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL