Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Still Life with Hats . . .

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are those dry washers effective? How do you get into the seams of the bedrock? In the mid-1980s I used a dredge in small waterways, but this must be a a very different operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mine is very effective. I have recovered flour gold and a lot of flakes with it. It operates off a leaf blower connected to a RV sewer hose. I can also vacuum crevices using the blower, but seldom do that. Most of the gold here sits on a layer of caliche, about three feet down. Just lots of pick and shovel work to get to it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine is very effective. I have recovered flour gold and a lot of flakes with it. It operates off a leaf blower connected to a RV sewer hose. I can also vacuum crevices using the blower, but seldom do that. Most of the gold here sits on a layer of caliche, about three feet down. Just lots of pick and shovel work to get to it!

Can you still find any gold spillage at old hydraulic mine sites? I thought that was the big deal a few yrs ago. A whole lot less pick & shovel work.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can you still find any gold spillage at old hydraulic mine sites? I thought that was the big deal a few yrs ago. A whole lot less pick & shovel work.
Yes, I have gone through tailings in the mountains with some success. Not much water in the desert areas where I prospect, so most has been dry placer, or hard rock mining.

Central California wild flowers

8d2d2409233fa4996db1c2f0ca969978.jpg

a3dbda1b0a2794fe419db178c36119cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Man! That could be commissioned for an art piece! What a beautiful subject and setup!

BB, I agree with DD. Beautiful hat & boots, & great composition of a photograph. Nice job with that!

Wow, guys you really surprised me with this. You two always inspire me with your photography and I'm just trying to keep the pic from blurring. Thank you both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points