Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stogie mag hunt

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I had a cinnamon flavored cigar 2 nights ago that a friend bought me at a local cigar shop. It was skinnier than normal cigars, but to me that was perfect for a lady. Not bad at all! I'm gonna try the vanilla one next time I think.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Oh and Sergei, you will also be proud because we only had to light this cigar once. :)
P.S. I'm not a smoker of cigarettes either. Which surprises me that I would even smoke a cigar.

P.P.S. Do they make a cigar with Chamoile(spelling?) in it...it's a herb that is supposed to relax you.

Sergei

Gone Home
Originally posted by ITG
Oh and Sergei, you will also be proud because we only had to light this cigar once. :)
P.S. I'm not a smoker of cigarettes either. Which surprises me that I would even smoke a cigar.

P.P.S. Do they make a cigar with Chamoile(spelling?) in it...it's a herb that is supposed to relax you.

Yeah, I don't anyone should be smoking cigarettes. Too many additives, and hardly any ingredients that are natural. Even the tobacco grown for cigarette consumption has the highest potent content for nicotine.

I am sure that there are not any cigars made out of chamomile. I think they make herbal cigaretters out of chamomile. I tend to smoke cigars that are traditional tasting. Yeah, you can find rum soaked, vanilla enfused, coffee enfused, etc. but they tend to burn rough and taste bad. They smell good, taste bad.... I used to be a pipe smoker too, and that was the general rule of thumb. If it smelled good while smoking, it usuall had a bad taste in your mouth and vice-versa.

-Sergei

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
So what brand and/or type of cigar is recommended? Something not too expensive but not cheap garbage either.

Sergei

Gone Home
For first starting out, I would recommend a Macanudo. They are light in taste and finely manufactured. My favorite brands are:
- La Gloria Cubana (Wavell size)
- Arturo Fuente (Ch. Fuente or 858's)
- El Rey del Mundo (Flor de Llaneza )

You can go to www.jrcigars.com or call them @:
800-jrcigar

You can get boxes or singles. Try the Macanudo first.

-Sergei

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
I happen to be perusing the back logs here and came across this thread. Great one at that! I pick up CA every chance I get- which isn't much as I like to. lol

A local cigar shop, Cousin's Cigars, is great for stuff like that. Also, one of my favorite customs that they've started is their yearly get togethers. For $125 one can attend this event in Cleveland, get a dozen or so of the top cigars on the American market (one from each manufacturer), see a cigar rolling exibition, have a meal prepared by some of the top chefs in Cleveland and not to mention a great time! I've been to one of these events, a couple years ago but unfortunately I haven't had the time or the money to get back to one. If there is anyone from Northeast Ohio that would like to go I just got a card for this in the mail, I can forward you the info!

And I have to say that everyone who has had the chance to attend the QM events and sit out on her deck and enjoy a smoke- you're on my list! :rage: She's a bit far away, but I might have to schedule that into my busy life this year!

Cheers!:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo