Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stolen: My PB Diamante

frijoli

One of the Regulars
First hat stolen, and from my office!
It sucks, because this was my everyday warm weather hat. I wore it everywhere.:rage:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Sorry to hear about that loss - and I know your pain.

Back in the eighties I worked at a $300 million world-wide company - 2,500 employees at this one facility - very corporate. I had a grey fedora stolen out of my office. Couldn't believe it. Couldn't imagine which one of the clean-cut, white shirts with a red tie had tip-toed in an offed with it.

Goose.

Practically Family
That is sad.
Like HPG, I worked in the white shirt world. Managing (herding) two dozen plus coders, operators, and network personnel. All passed our background investigation...annually (bonded). Took two of my nice watches in to the office as I was going to take them in for service after work.
(didn't want to leave them in the car :rolleyes: )

Open my desk drawer (in my office...not out in cube land). Omega Speedmaster and Longines Gold Medal...MIA.

Bummer was, and is for you; it is someone you know.

Be nice to everyone, but have a plan to kill them...

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
trust.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry frijoli, butt, after consulting with a leading psychologist in the area of hat stealing I was provided with the following profile:

One, who, through the fault of his parents conception, is a skid mark in society's collective underwear.

Should you see anyone in your office fitting that description ask him/her what their hat size is if it's a match you may have your thief.

ASK QUESTIONS

rmcn84l.jpg

Goose. said:
Be nice to everyone, but have a plan to kill them...
Actually, the quote was:
"Be polite, be courteous--but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."--Clint Smith, director, Thunder Ranch

OP: That just sucks. May Fate unload the Mother Of All Brownware Downloads directly onto your target, and soon... but hopefully with your hat a safe distance from the scene when it does.

It's so hard to find good help these days...

seed

Familiar Face
Keep an eye on eBay and craigslist...you never know. And if it does get listed, it may not get listed right away.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry to hear of your loss; that's lousy. Is there anyone in your work place that you know real well or can trust to perhaps talk to? Would it be possible to ask around and see if anyone saw anything?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It stings doesn't it. I miss a few hats from my past. I've had four stolen over time. One brown Cavanagh, one Bone colored Borsalino, and one really really cool wool eight piece cap and one one piece driving style cap.

I don't know what these people are thinking by stealing possessions like a man's hat. I'm sure they themselves don't wear one on a regular basis like we do. It's always swept through my head that it must be some sort of interesting keepsake for someone who never had a hat that looked like the ones they see in old movies. Maybe even new movies like Public Enemies.

It's just odd that we live in a time where people that most likely don't wear a hat will steal one.

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

The hat wasn't terribly expensive, but it was one of my favorites.

There isn't anyway to figure out who did it, but word will get out, and whoever it was won't be able to wear it without getting caught eventually.

Clay

duggap

Banned
OK Matt, since you are a bartender, help us out. Let's start a Fedora Lounge insurance fund. Charge everyone who joins fifty cents, and use the proceeds to replace a member's stolen hat. That or to put out a contract on the creep who stole it.:rolleyes:

frijoli

One of the Regulars
duggap said:
OK Matt, since you are a bartender, help us out. Let's start a Fedora Lounge insurance fund. Charge everyone who joins fifty cents, and use the proceeds to replace a member's stolen hat. That or to put out a contract on the creep who stole it.:rolleyes:

Actually that insurance idea is a pretty good one!:eusa_clap

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
frijoli said:
It sucks, because this was my everyday warm weather hat. I wore it everywhere.:rage:

I see you are from "Northwest NC". That's my neck of the woods, so if you are near the Burke/McDowell area and find out who the maggot was that stole your hat just let me know. I'll be glad to stomp them into a little puddle of mush. ;)

Feraud

Bartender
frijoli said:
Is it possible to send an email stating your hat was "lost" and you are looking for it's safe return?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran