Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stratoliner Memorabila Collection

John Dell

New in Town
Wow, this is a great thread!

I am an illustrator/graphic designer and I am in the process of designing a 1/48 scale paper card model of the Stratoliner. This thread contains so much useful information and I can’t thank you enough. Especially helpful were the photos showing crew and ground equipment such as the boarding stairs and luggage cart as I would like to include these with the models. My plan is to model the TWA (both pre and post war refit), Pan Am and the C-75. Any other information or resources anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Latest acquisition... A 14 page brochure from PanAm (1941) describing their new "Clipper Cruises" around South America. A wealth of information inside, but a VERY sweet cover:

PanAM_Brochure_zps48fc9997.jpg

I'm thinking about making/selling giclee reproductions of this. Anyone interested at ~$25 including shipping?

John Dell

New in Town
Zemke Fan, you are welcome for the link. I’m glad you like it. And I must say your 307 model is a work of art. Thanks again for all of the useful information and photos contained in this thread. It was all a great help. I’m hoping to get the Pan Am version done in the next couple of weeks.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Just won a 1944-45 vintage WOMEN'S uniform cap. These were worn by TWA flight attendants beginning when the Stratoliners were returned from the USAAF-ATC to TWA in 1944. This was about the time that TWA was taking delivery of the Connies, so the Strats were consigned to regional service. I have an original .925 sterling silver half wing for this hat. I guess I'll have to get my wife to sculpt me a bust of Ava Gardner to match my Howie Hughes that's getting ready to sport his 6-7/8 NOS sage green Stetson Stratoliner...

StewHat_zps1c7f033d.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
On the lookout for this press photo (Tyrone Power and Paulette Goddard) on the inaugural flight:

power-goddard-plane_opt.jpg

(NOTE: FAs in their summer whites.)

TP and PG apparently each got one of these...

Inaug.jpg

BTW, some guy's been trying to sell one of these medallions for $5,000 on ebay! (I'm not buyin' at THAT price point!)

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
On the lookout for this press photo (Tyrone Power and Paulette Goddard) on the inaugural flight:

power-goddard-plane_opt.jpg

(NOTE: FAs in their summer whites.)

I owned a pair of those late 40s Florsheim shoes and sold them to Lounger JJGittes. What interests me is the multicolour narrow tie. This is what is back in 2013 in the shops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails