Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Streamline Modern

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Anyone have any cool items in the Streamline Modern style?
Not classic deco, but that post deco pre Mid Century Modern style.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I recently attended a reception held at The Wolfsonian Museum , which is currently exhibiting American Streamlined Design: The World of Tomorrow (click on vid).

Lots of cool stuff....

pho_226x235_streamlined.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My apartment was built in 1939 in very Streamline Modern style. Most people have changed their places around in various ways so that few of the interior details remain. The previous owners of my place remodeled it in sort of Martha Stewart country-esque style, taking out the original doors and door knobs, the metal railings on the steps to the sunken living room, etc. So I'm slowly trying to restore it. Real Streamline Modern is hard to find. Rejuvenation Hardware has the exact same door knobs, and I have a nice desk lamp (pics later), and I added a kitchen light fixture that's more period correct. I've found a few nice deco items from earlier. But I've found it tough to get items from that exact style.

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Just spent some time in Palm Springs looking at Mid Century Modern homes.
They are really great but I find myself more interested in the streamline stuff.

A great example is that office building in the movie "The Two Jakes".
It is somewhere near LA but I havnt been able to locate it.

Anyone know where that building is?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gentlemen, please. It's Streamline Moderne. We must be nothing if not exact.

I love the movement. The idea that even a toaster should look like it could go 100mph is delightful, is it not?

streamlineModerne.jpg

Toaster1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner