Stretched seams in armpit area

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TheKai, Oct 25, 2020.

1. TheKai

TheKai New in Town

Hello!
    About 2 weeks ago, I bought myself an eastman californian jacket which felt really snug at first, especially in the armpit area. Over the 2 weeks in which the jacket was worn regularly, the leather has become softer and the jacket is therefore more comfortable to wear. Since it was tight in the armpit area at first, I now notice that the seams have stretched noticably (see pictures). I am now wondering if this should be a concerning sign or not. Would do you think? IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0258.jpg

2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

it's normal, it won't rip further.

Monitor likes this.
  3. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

That's what leather jacket seams look like.

Monitor likes this.
  4. Monitor

Monitor

Literally how all of my jackets look like at the seams and they're mostly all too big for me. Perfectly normal.

5. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't even think you did that.
    IMO the jacket left Eastman like that and you are now worrying about something you didn't do.
    When seams are folded before getting top stitched some are pulled tighter and will show more of the first stitch line. Some will be pulled less and the first stitch line will remain hidden.
    It's a hand made product and some variation is to be expected.

6. Monitor

Monitor

This.

I wanted to say the same thing but didn't know how to describe but yeah, I also believe that the seams looked like that the jacket left Eastman because that's how the armpit seams always turned out on all of my brand new jackets.