Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid Dream

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
I had this dream that I had, for whatever reason, bought this atrocious, cheap, fake leather bowler. It was two tone brown camo with a black ribbon and edge binding. It had some gaudy ornament on the front that I can't recall now. I remember thinking that I wanted to put some lights on it, to put it completely over the top. It was truly hideous, and nothing that I would ever wear in public. (or even in private)

When I woke up, I was disappointed that it wasn't real....

I really don't know what's wrong with me.

To see or wear a hat in a dream often indicates you are hiding an aspect of yourself, or that you're covering up something. However, it could also represent your attitude or the various roles and responsibilities you have in your life.

Camouflage in a dream is essentially the same as in life--it's used to conceal something; possibly that you're hiding your feelings about something, or that something in your life is making you want to blend into the background and not be noticed.

The color brown in a dream indicates worldliness, practicality, domestic bliss, physical comfort, conservatism, and a materialistic character. It also represents the ground and earth, i.e. you need to get back to your roots.

Black indicates the unknown, danger, darkness, mourning, or rejection. It also signifies a lack of support. Conversely, black can also represent potential and possibilities, like a blank slate.

The ornament refers to the things in your life that you do to make yourself feel good, but it can also be symbolic of a spiritual gift.

Light represents illumination, i.e. clarity, plain understanding, and/or insight. The fact that you wanted to add lights means you want to "see" the situation more clearly.

I don't know you so this will sound pretty vague, but I'd guess there's something in your life that makes you feel uneasy, something that you'd rather not have to deal with, and perhaps haven't been completely honest about (either to yourself or others). But a better understanding of that "something" could lead you to make changes that would improve or resolve that "something".

And, yes, I know this sounds a little "Twilight Zone", but if you sit quietly and think about it you might figure out what it means, and find a satisfying resolution.

Or it was just a weird dream about a hat. :D

Last edited:

Dr Roly

New in Town
The other day I dreamt that I ordered my wife a straw hat, and a pith helmet arrived instead.

When I woke up I was about to apologise for buying her a pith helmet, and then realised it was a dream!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I dreamed that I had too many Open Roads so I started converting them to something else......Oh wait, that wasn't a dream! :D

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Originally Posted by Mr. Astor

TJones you dreamed you had a pleasant look on your face!

Smiley.png

Then you realized it was a nightmare!

Knox_around_B_W.jpg

;)

Last edited:

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
C'mon guys, that's how T Jones stays looking so young. It's smiling that makes all those wrinkles.

Now, I just need to find a cheap brown derby in my size, make some stencils, and run the right color paint through my airbrush. I'm sure I can find an appropriately tacky bauble at a craft store, then I'll just need a battery operated LED work light.

fedoracentric

Banned
Now, I just need to find a cheap brown derby in my size, make some stencils, and run the right color paint through my airbrush. I'm sure I can find an appropriately tacky bauble at a craft store, then I'll just need a battery operated LED work light.

Then you can sell it as "steampunk."

Is it bad of me to want to punch the guy who created steampunk in the nose?

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Last night I dreamed I was eating shredded wheat and when I woke up half the pillow was gone. (old joke from about 1920)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch