Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stupid thread etiquette question

buler

I'll Lock Up
While I don't do a lot of +1ing, it doesn't bother me that much. Someone could just put why they are +1ing or liking the post. "Really like that color", "What a great ribbon", "Looks much better than most of your hats", etc.

There are many other things that get under my skin after being here for so long. Luckily, the new forum format has made the reposting of photos much easier to swallow. There is still the new thread on a subject that has already been done 50 times....

B

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for letting me share my opinion and straightening me out. I'll just continue to lurk and occasionally post for my own twisted reasons
You always have great posts Mike ! I loved the trip too , it was like I was there almost . Everyone has opinions , you know . I'm sorry of getting way off topic , sorry , I don't realize until I look back and wished I'd posted that somewhere else , too late . I use likes at times as a term of gratitude for having the kahonies to post , especially pictures! That's tough , embarrassing to me , I'm no movie star , don't have a bunch of super fine hats , and can't take a good picture to save my life . I don't know how people do it . ... Rabbit trails ...

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
While I don't do a lot of +1ing, it doesn't bother me that much. Someone could just put why they are +1ing or liking the post. "Really like that color", "What a great ribbon", "Looks much better than most of your hats", etc.

There are many other things that get under my skin after being here for so long. Luckily, the new forum format has made the reposting of photos much easier to swallow. There is still the new thread on a subject that has already been done 50 times....

B

I am a moderator on the NY Giants forum on Giants.com.... and believe me gentlemen who enjoy hats are much more of a pleasure to deal with than football fans .... speaking of the same subject that has been discussed 50 times

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My problem with the "Like" button is that using it helps to bury the thread since it doesn't count as a post which is what keeps threads alive. "Like"-ing is also too Facebooky for my taste, I look to the Lounge for education not social media popularity or chatty purposes. Also not having a "Don't Like" button seems a bit un-American to me (he said cynically). Personally, I boycott the "Like" button, so please don't hate me (he said cynically again)
+1... ;)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Bah... the "like" button is too much like social media ... which is exactly what an internet forum is :eek:

people rip teenage girls for taking selfies all day

let's all be honest and say that the "what HAT are you wearing today" thread and a few others are basically the same exact thing just for middle aged men

a good portion of the time I barely even see a hat in the pictures ...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Boys, BOYS!!! Play nice! You guys are both GREAT; good folks abound here, (except for you-know-who...) and that's the way it is!!

We all have feelings. Isn't it generally best to keep less-than-positive judgments/comments to ourselves.? So, unless you judge a hat to be great, etc., let's not second guess each other's perspectives or opinions. That won't go anywhere good.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit next to me..."
This reads like a scene from "Goodfellas" sorta like, "... boys ya both said a few things..."

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bah... the "like" button is too much like social media ... which is exactly what an internet forum is :eek:

people rip teenage girls for taking selfies all day

let's all be honest and say that the "what HAT are you wearing today" thread and a few others are basically the same exact thing just for middle aged men

a good portion of the time I barely even see a hat in the pictures ...
In other words "The Hat Parade."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner