Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupidity Awards

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh, by the way... Fred Astaire was known to be one of the most well dressed in Hollywood and he wasn't gay. Same with Cary Grant.

Just thought you guys would like to know.:D

Root.

havershaw

Practically Family
Vince Neil's not gay.

I would not listen to him on matters of attire.

There's lousy dressers on both sides of the fence, fellows.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Many of the fashion designers are indeed homosexual and seem to design clothes with the assumption that all the men in the market they're aiming for are, too.

The key to men?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s style (and not fashion, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s fleeting) is to keep it simple, practical and MASCULINE. You don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want to look like a puffer who?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s spent hours working on your look.

Finally, NO FREAKING MAKEUP?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ unless your on stage or in front of a camera. In that case, take it off post haste.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Over the last year after I saw my copy of Transatlantic Marry-go-round I noticed how sharp Gene Raymond was in the 30's. Matt will testify to this as well. His hats to me were some of the sharpest! If any one here hasn't seen that film then, watch it just for the clothes! It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a typical 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s film that takes place on an ocean liner called the SS Progress. Stars Jack Benny and features the Boswell Sisters.

But, as I have seen other films that Gene Raymond stared in, like Flying Down to Rio witch also stared Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in their fist film together. There is very little about him out there and so I ran a search on the web and found a page that gave me some more info.

He was a good man. He was married to the beautiful Jeanette MacDonald June 6th 1937 and in 1941 served in the U. S. Army Air Intelligence Service.

He was married for 28-years to Jeanette. That was rare in Hollywood.

If you would like to know more about him and Jeanette, here?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a link to the page that tells the whole story. Good reading!

http://members.aol.com/jmacfan/gene.htm

Here?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a nice photo of him from the 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s. A little faded, but still a nice shot.

Enjoy,

Root.

Canadave

One Too Many
Re: IMHO

Originally posted by Andykev
Before "coming out of the closet" became safe to do in daylight, I would be interested, and maybe we'd all be suprised, as to who really was gay in Hollywood.

Some of the best dressers, men, may have been in fact gay.

Who knows, and if I can use the term, who cares.

If you have style, and taste in clothes, it doesn't necessarily reflect on your sexuality.

Well said. Once again, the voice of reason. :)

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara