Sugar Cane Indian Motorcycle Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Was thinking about it but it'd come out at over $150 just have it sent there. With the modification... Would cost way too much. If only Aero wants to do it as I don't really know where else to turn to as I don't trust anyone but they're too busy right now.

2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

when worn with hoodie, zip up the hoodie, and unzip the leather :)

3. Maitiu

Maitiu New in Town

Beautiful jacket!

On another note, I'm surprised Polaris (owner of Indian Motorcycles in the US) hasn't bought the rights from Toyo, or maybe they have tried and failed? Polaris has strong armed a few small business's that were using their logo's to make motorcycle accessories here in the US.

Anyhow, awesome jacket. That certainly looks better than anything you can get from a Indian Motorcycle dealership, haha!

4. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

The plot rebounds. Like many, I was more than impressed by Monitor's review of this exceptional jacket. Then, because of fit issues, he took the painful decision to move it. I happened to be the lucky recipient, which would've been highly unlikely not so long ago. For a very long time, I considered crosszips unfit for me, maybe because I had seen too much of the Schott Perfecto type in the late 70's early 80's. Things changed the day I fell upon a Cal that cancelled all my preconceptions: side laces helped adjust the waist, while the overall clean and sober look (no jangling belt buckle, no flashy nickel snaps) made it unconspicuous. Then, little by little, I got contaminated and developed a new crave for various models, and I must point out that Monitor's highly persuasive prose played a major part in this. Perhaps it would make sense to open a thread titled "Monitor made me do it" or "Jackets Monitor made me buy".

Anyway, back to the Indian . When it was finally for sale, I didn't hesitate long before pulling the trigger, even though I wasn't sure about the fit, fearing it could be slightly oversized.
    Fortunately, I feel good about it , even though the sleeves are a bit on the long side, and there is room for layering , but a winter jacket was exactly what I was looking for. I won't add anything to what Monitor already said, so here are a few fit pics, with and without the belt and fur collar. Indian SC fit pics-1.jpg Indian SC fit pics-1-2.jpg Indian SC fit pics-1-5.jpg Indian SC fit pics-1-6.jpg Indian SC fit pics-1-7.jpg Indian SC fit pics-1-8.jpg Indian SC fit pics-1-11.jpg

5. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

It doesn't get better than that. Perfect jacket and fit.

Mandarin likes this.
  6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

It looks great on you!
    Congratulations!
    I personally like it with the collar and without the belt ;).

Mandarin and dannyk like this.
  7. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

This is such a beautiful jacket. There is something special about it. I prefer the look without the mouton collar. I like mine like this as well - leave some room for layering, but doable with a t-shirt.

Mandarin likes this.
  8. ton312

ton312

Man. That is straight up badass. Perfect fit too. Congrats!

Mandarin likes this.
  9. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Seconded. With collar, without belt looks killer to me.

Mandarin likes this.
  10. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Super.......
    Where is my cross zip??!!!!!!

Mandarin likes this.
  11. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

Thanks. Likewise, that's the way I like it best .

handymike likes this.
  12. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

I love the design of the lapels, but the mouton collar is a great addition in the winter: once you get used to it, you can't live without it.

ton312 and dubpynchon like this.
  13. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

I'd go all out - mouton collar and belt. No retreat, no surrender.

upload_2020-3-9_12-18-46.jpeg

roadking04, dannyk, Mandarin and 4 others like this.
  14. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

Nice pickup Mandarin.

A used jacket purchase turned out to be one of my favourites after fussing with new and custom this and that. Along comes a nice one at half the price of my new ones and it is one of my favourites now.

Mandarin and ton312 like this.
  15. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

That is a stellar jacket.

And yes, a thread titled "Blame it on Monitor" would have many posts and remain active for a long time. Lord knows his prose has reeled me in for the Monitor kill shot.