Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits - Pre 1920

DamianM

Vendor
circa 1918
I sold it to a friend due to it not fitting me.
Its a green shepherds check flannel with a pinch back. 3 patch pockets.
Hes wearing one of my new reproductions.

More about this later

9_3_32.JPG

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
sometimes sellers get friends/associates to run up the price of an item by bidding on it to what they think is an acceptable price hoping another seller will bid higher however occasionally it backfires leaving the seller having sold the item to their friend /associate who never had an intention of purchasing the item so after excuses like "the buyer didn't pay" the item will be relisted sometimes more than once.
I've seen this happen more than once on Ebay...you can usually see something amiss on the sellers feedback.....it may be this seller did genuinely have trouble with previous sellers just be aware this does happen!

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
It has been a recurring thing due to a mischievous person trying to swindle buyers and sellers. It not an isolated incident.
Multiple sellers have been affected on anything 1920s or before in a size 38 or so. The guy opens up a new account so his buying account wont be affected.
It shows bad form and a bratty "If I cant have it, no one can" attitude.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I picked up my 1914 dated suit from the post office today. The waistcoat is in mint condition, apart from a hole that is not visible when buttoned. The jacket is actually in worse condition than I expected, but I'm still confident that I'll be able to make it wearable. I also think that there's enough excess material to patch the holes in the crotch area.

I won't be able to start repairing it until a few weeks and I'll keep you guys updated once I get onto it.

Interestingly the jacket is clearly designed as a 3-roll-2, which I didn't expect. However I will probably wear it as a 3b.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
A friend of mine just bought one. and it comes with matching pants! so its a Suit, not just the jacket.

Will see it later when it arrives to him

Have he received it yet? If so, I think that I speak for everyone when I say that it would be very interesting to see some pics.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Agreed VM I've never had a seller not pay for as long as I've been selling which is probably similar to yourself 8 years or so!

I probably get two people a month who buy and do not pay. Always a pain to jump through all of ebay's hoops to get the transaction voided so that it can be re-listed, and things never sell well the second time around because people jump to conclusions. Sometimes the bidders are newbies, sometimes obviously fake accounts, sometimes loungers. It's a bad business for sellers.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Here's some pictures of me wearing my late teens waist-seam jacket that I bought a few months back.

P3056976.JPG P3056986.JPG P3057065.JPG

As you might remember it was in quite poor condition when I got it, with several moth holes.

790303396_o.jpg

I've since repaired it. It's still not perfect, far from it, but very much wearable.

P3057068.JPG P3057069.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner