Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits - Pre 1920

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Papperskatt that suit is amazing. Is the vest double-breasted? I don't think I've ever seen a suit-belt like that, with the kind of buckle you'd find on a raincoat. I've seen it on some 60's era Norfolk jackets, but I assumed all the authentic ones from the teens/twenties had the double-button fastening. Is that one of yours??

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Unfortunately not mine, I just found the picture today. It's hard to tell, but now that you mention it I think that it looks like the vest is double breasted. I wish that I could find some larger/clearer pictures but haven't had any luck so far.

Here's the source, with some more interesting items: http://pastperfectvintage.blogspot.se/2008/06/sharp-dressed-man.html

The belt is very strange and I can't say that I like it. It wouldn't, however, be enough to stop me from buying it if I ever got the chance. :rolleyes: The rest of the suit is perfect.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
A bit seedy but hey... they are bohemians ;)

Norman Lindsay Australian artist & Rose Soady, artist's model and eventually Lindsay's wife. Bond Street Studio 1909

DamianM

Vendor
Unfortunately not mine, I just found the picture today. It's hard to tell, but now that you mention it I think that it looks like the vest is double breasted. I wish that I could find some larger/clearer pictures but haven't had any luck so far.

Here's the source, with some more interesting items: http://pastperfectvintage.blogspot.se/2008/06/sharp-dressed-man.html

The belt is very strange and I can't say that I like it. It wouldn't, however, be enough to stop me from buying it if I ever got the chance. :rolleyes: The rest of the suit is perfect.

I do have an image somewhere of a man wearing a suit with such a belt. It wasn't too rare.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up

that short golf jacket looks nice.

1920sgolfsuit1.jpg

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
I quite fancy those buckle belts myself. I think it was this image that convinced me:

Schermafbeelding%202015-03-28%20om%2015.50.08_zpsascz7wvr.png

And a few more. These don't seem to have a pin and holes, but rather fold back(?)

Schermafbeelding%202015-03-31%20om%2009.59.26_zpsixm7msrh.png

Claudio

Vendor
Those belt buckles are lovely but unpractical seeign the amount of times one needs to unbutton the coat now days (all indoor areas now are well heated, or just sitting down - considering one unbuttons his coat whilst seated).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ