Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suits - Pre 1920

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Purely decoration. That makes sense. It shows once again how experimental the teens were when it comes to suit designs.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
and here it is; link button, waist seam, except with two sets of non-functioning buttons rather than one (and i haven't photoshopped it).
oh, and a curved breast pocket... anything you can possibly imagine was done in the late teens:

ScreenShot2014-10-11at212551_zpsf51c67d4.png

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Prince Felix Yusupov ....one of the "boys" who killed Rasputin of course...one is obsessed with Imperial Russia as we speak.

with his mom... Princess Zinaida Yussupova

handsome lad.

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Have you noticed it doesn't have a breast pocket?

Not until you pointed it out. :p

I'm quite sure that it's earlier than late teens. The shape of the trousers fishtail makes me even think pre 1910, but that's just a guess.

I'm super jealous of your friend! I hope that it's not a size 36S, if it is then I'm not sure that I'll be able to sleep tonight.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
that's the problem with the "teens" clothes .... it's a hit or a miss.....

why is he wearing slippers? with a little bow on top? whyyyyyyy

I want to puke.....ooops better not ...ebola and all that you know? lolshakeshead

TSP13

Familiar Face
that's the problem with the "teens" clothes .... it's a hit or a miss.....

why is he wearing slippers? with a little bow on top? whyyyyyyy

I want to puke.....ooops better not ...ebola and all that you know? lolshakeshead

Those are opera pumps, mostly worn with white tie. Who knows why he beat them up. I sort of like it thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner