Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sulka Smoking Set

chloe

Familiar Face
24db60c7.jpg

sulka008.jpg

18839020.jpg

3a66d2ec.jpg

Hi Everyone! My name is Chloe and I'm new to your boards. I have recently inherited some very vintage mens and womens clothing. Since I am not an expert at either I was hoping someone could share some info on this smoking jacket set. I do know it is from 1950...dated tag indicates that. I have not had much luck finding alot of images or info on a set. This appears to have been customed designed. Thank you. I have other mens suits from the 30's also. I just need to go through them. Thanks!! Chloe

chloe

Familiar Face
Hey Guys:

This smoking set is handsome (I would say beautiful) but this is a man's piece.
I don't know what the material is. It is all lined with silk. I don't know the size. I have to buy a measuring tape tomorrow and figure out how to measure. Price? What would you like to offer I guess that would be a good starting point (please email me) and I can send some extra pics of any specifics you would like to see. It is in excellent condition and I know this is a very unique piece. I also have several other mens suits and jackets. I can let you know some of the names on the suits...some I think are customed? I will try to post some pics tonight or tomorrow. I have been reading some of the threads trying to piece together how old some of these are...by buttons, zippers, etc. very interesting and I am learning so much. Thanks! Chloe;)

chloe

Familiar Face
OK...here are some of the suits I found so far.
De Pinna (with black tag)
D'Andrea Brothers
One suit jacket is silk lined throughout. I'm not sure what this goes to.
Appears most are three/4(?) some have some odd piece I don't know what it is. Some are wool some...I have no idea.
Some are short some are long tails...I don't know if the terms I'm using are right, but...just so you get the idea.

I also found a very nice full length wool coat...label reads:
Jackson&Moyer
Quality by
Kuppenheimer

Chloe

chloe

Familiar Face
How can I email anyone from this board? It doesn't grant me access!:eusa_doh:

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Chloe,

Nice jacket!

Since you still have limited access on the forum due to low post count, you could post an email address at which interested parties could contact you, or you could spam a few posts across the board until you reach 15 (I think that's the magic number that grants you access).

Cheers,

Matt

chloe

Familiar Face
I'm not sure what you mean by spamming but I will try to get myself upto that magic #. Thanks!

chloe

Familiar Face
Hi Lower40:

If you would like to contact me PSmith0905@msn.com

I am trying to figure out what I have. I would like to post my pics on the classified section here. But before I do I would like to know what it is I am posting...fabric, year (approximate), style etc. I am not nor do I wish to admit I know vintage clothing but what I do know is how to be a businesswoman. These clothes I have inherited mean alot to me and they meant alot to the people who had them. It would be a nice tribute for me to be sure that someone who appreciates these clothes purchase them.

I have been reading Marc Cavalier posts...which I am very impressed with his knowledge and admiration for these clothes. These are the people I hope will show interest in these clothes. I will be posting some pics today...in hopes someone can help me identify the age, etc. I will have been doing my research but this is so time consuming. Thanks for your interest! Chloe:)

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
What I meant by "spamming" - in geek terms - was to post in a few threads, such as the various introduction threads to get your post count up so that you can email fellow Fedora Loungers with ease.

Matt

chloe

Familiar Face
this is the measurement I got for the Sulka Smoking Set.
Jacket:
Waist: 41"
Shoulder: 18"
Length: 32"
Sleeve: 22"

Pants
Waist: 30"
Length: 41"

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Please, all wares for sale in the buy and sell room.

Can you please pop this into the appropriate buy/sell room Chloe as it will increase your chances of a sale (not that in this case you need to hedge your bets, as it's lovely)! but everything in its place please :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy