Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Straw (Miller Hats), San FRancisco, --ADVICE

Alan F

New in Town
good points--u know when are new to this hat sizing is tuff cause so few places to size 'em=I've tape measured my head to 22 3/4 a tonsa times--

o well

076 looks spiffy
af

TroubleMan

New in Town
I have a piece of local advice: I live in San Francisco, and, to my knowledge, the best hat store here is actually accross the bay in Oakland: the Hat Guys on Broadway and 18th (right next to the 19th St. BART station, so it's easy to get there from San Francisco).

Coincidentally, I bought a Milan straw Biltmore (2 1/4 brim Arlington, similar to the one pictured in the link you posted) from them just four days ago. I'm very happy with the lid, and even happier with the service there. The selection is huge and the prices are decent (mine cost $69, as opposed to $65 online). If you're in the area, I'd pay them a visit, if only to browse.

-TroubleMan

Alan F

New in Town
I actually fly in and out of Oakland on my trip--in fact I am staying there the last nite at Hawthorn Suites Oakland/Alameda 1628 Webster St
Alameda, CA--so (late flight last day) I may just swing by there --have rental car--not far I bet!

Good info!
af

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
San Francisco also has a superb hatmaker in Michael Harris, owner of Paul's Hat Works. But it's not a hat shop, per se. He sells a few Biltmores, mostly velour felts, but chiefly takes orders for custom hats. When I was up there he showed me a Panama he was working that was so fino I was almost afraid to touch it. His hats are beautiful, but his prices are high -- about $1,500 per.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic