Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Super Rollers," your experiences?

venusop

New in Town
I've been a lurker for a while and am finally getting around to posting (hello everyone :) ). Anyway, I've searched through a lot of the hair styling/ roller threads and haven't found any mention of these rollers : http://www.sallybeauty.com/flexible-rods/HAIRAR4,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair14-01 . They come in a huge range of sizes, but seem like they'd be a little difficult to use, as they're so long--how would you be able to neatly bend them closed? Also if anyone has slept in them how comfortable were they? And what size would give a more authentic 50's style?

Bebe*Gunn

New in Town
Hello! I think the generic term 'bendy rollers' might give you more search results.

Personally, I don't rate these (my hair is bra strap length) as I find it hard not to twist the hair as it rolls up - I'm better off with foam rollers/large perm rods/pin curls. They are also hard to sleep in and slow to dry (heated ones, often called hot sticks do away with the last two problems though!).

How long is your hair? The best diameter for you will probably depend on this, although trial and error is likely unavoidable :(

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
I’ve used these rollers. They are more commonly known as flexi rods, these type of rollers make great pin curl type curls. To get the best results, here is what I do, I apply motions setting lotion on dry hair, curl my hair, cover my hair with a slumber cap or you can use a head scarf to make sure the rollers stay in better, and I sleep in the rollers for 8 hours ( these rollers are not comfortable to sleep in but I manage). Then I take them out and brush them into the style I want. To get a tighter curl with these rollers you will need to roll less hair into the roller. Here is a video that I believe shows the right way to curl your hair with the flexi rods http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-VZYmOF7E If your set does not come out right the first time you use the rollers, just practice, practice, practice. Good luck and have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24