Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweater clips/sweater guards

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Vintage Betty said:
Here's a sample of what I believe you are talking about. :)

cashmere_sweater_yellow1.JPG

cashmere_sweater_yellow2.JPG

cashmere_sweater_yellow3.JPG

That looks lovely. Now I know what to search ebay up and down for the next months :)!
I would love to see more examples of sweater clips attached to clothes and maybe used a shoe clips, too, anyone got some to post?

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
At first, when I saw this thread, I thought, 'sure, sweater clips are cute, but when will I ever use them?'

As it turns out, I needed a pair this week! :eusa_doh:

I wore my 30s day dress to work this week but knew I would need a sweater because my cubicle is an icebox. However, the sleeves on my only work-appropriate cardigan wouldn't look very nice with the day dress flutter sleeves crammed in them. My sweater remained draped on my shoulders all day. I managed to button my sweater over my shoulders and it sort of work, but a sweater clip would have been super handy!

The deeper I get into my vintage wardrobe plan, the more things that would make vintage life easier. I'm off to search for clips.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I wanted to get a plain silver sweater guard so was delighted to see this lovely Trifari one on Etsy:

il_570xN_210867285.jpg

il_570xN_210867081.jpg

I have a few other clips but one that I really love (beautiful blue rhinestones) has these really sharp teeth on it and I would be worried that it might snag my cardigan so I don't wear it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24