Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweater clips/sweater guards

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi all.

Anyone know of a keen website(s) that sells vintage jewelry like sweater clips and eye glasses chains. I dont wear rings or braclets but like to be as dainty as I can.

Thanks ladies,

LD

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Hi all.

Anyone know of a keen website(s) that sells vintage jewelry like sweater clips and eye glasses chains. I dont wear rings or braclets but like to be as dainty as I can.

Thanks ladies,

LD

I'd agree with the other ladies that Ebay is a very good place to find vintage jewellery type items. Buying vintage costume jewellery is my biggest vice!!!!

If you want to invest in something a bit special try searching for "Coro" Duettes. They are so cute.........a kind of hinged brooch type thing that you can wear as a single piece on a sweater or you can separate them and wear them as sweater or shoe clips!!!!! Check the item description to see how they fasten.

"Coro" is a really good name to look for, they may cost more but are a better investment as they are very collectible.
Often there are some great estate clearance lots that you get some real bargains in......

Etienne

A-List Customer
I used to have the sweater slips you are referring to when I was a young girl. We always called them "sweater guards" so you might try searching under that name as well!

Rosie

One Too Many
Etienne said:
I used to have the sweater slips you are referring to when I was a young girl. We always called them "sweater guards" so you might try searching under that name as well!

Etiene is right, the prettiest ones, in my opinion, are listed under sweater guards. Here's one I won not very long ago.
59_1.JPG

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ive looked under all these names

Sweater clips, sweater chains, sweater necklaces, sweater guards, they all give small groups, but its tough when there is not standard name. But alright yall seem to LOVE eBay. I dont know what it is, but back when I used it, Id have 1 of every 3 transactions be either 'lost', a fraud, no responce from seller, or just plain didnt want to sell it anymore. This from sellers that had stellar ratings and/ or a long history on eBay. Im eBay cursed, and thats alright.

I was hoping for some online stores where I could see some goods.
Thanks,

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rosie said:
Etiene is right, the prettiest ones, in my opinion, are listed under sweater guards. Here's one I won not very long ago.
59_1.JPG

That is PRECIOUS!! :D
I may make my own. I have some vintage clip earings and some chains so who knows.

LD

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hi Lady Day, I agree that sometimes things can periodically be a bit touch and go with some of the Ebay sellers. I have had some pieces that I won at low prices simply not turn up! I often wonder if the sellers have regretted not putting a reserve on and just decided against selling it after all!!!!
Anyway I have been doing a bit of research on your behalf and have found a particularly good selection of gorgeous goodies here:
http://acostumejewelryshop.com/sweater-guard-clips-cinch-dress-clips-c27
You are so lucky as this seller does not ship outside the USA so I can't get any here in the UK!!!!!!:( :(
Anyway I will continue hunting and keep you posted.

Caledonia

Practically Family
I didn't know about sweater clips/guards. Am I guessing right that you clip it on like a dress clip but to both sides of the sweater or cardigan neck, so it keeps it from falling off if you only have it slung round your shoulders? These look really cute! :)

Rosie

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
That is PRECIOUS!! :D
I may make my own. I have some vintage clip earings and some chains so who knows.

LD

I found some clips to make sweater guards in a box in my basement. I was thinking of making some but I've never gotten around to it.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Why, thank you sweetie!

AllaboutEve said:
Hi Lady Day, I agree that sometimes things can periodically be a bit touch and go with some of the Ebay sellers. I have had some pieces that I won at low prices simply not turn up! I often wonder if the sellers have regretted not putting a reserve on and just decided against selling it after all!!!!
Anyway I have been doing a bit of research on your behalf and have found a particularly good selection of gorgeous goodies here:
http://acostumejewelryshop.com/sweater-guard-clips-cinch-dress-clips-c27
You are so lucky as this seller does not ship outside the USA so I can't get any here in the UK!!!!!!:( :(
Anyway I will continue hunting and keep you posted.

That was mighty nice of you and man is the collection you listed keen as all get out! Thanks again! And if you want to buy one, I can get it for you and ship it to the UK for ya! :)

LD

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
No worries Lady Day I love finding things for people. That's so sweet to offer to post out to me, if I see anything there I want to buy will let you know.
I have just spent a fortune on 50's Austrian fruit pins so I have to be good for a while.....;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24