Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swedish Tanker Jackets

Speedster

Practically Family
Made by ?ñ S B ?ñrebro Sport & Bilekipering
121_2109.jpg

Speedster

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Nothing beats a nice pair of "LEDERHOSEN"lol

Yearh. Beer festivals in the winter is not a problem with theselol

Not much use for them at the moment. But they were perfect back in my motorcycling days and back when driving cars with top down most of the year.

Flieger

Practically Family
Sorry to kick this old topic back up again but I thought you might like to know that a repro of the Swedish army biker jacket (and pants) is availiable here --->LINK

Jacket price: US$300

/Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
I'm happy to translate any Swedish you might need dechiffered. :)

Ooops! I didn't see the handwarmer pockets on that repro. Oh well, I guess bikers has grown a bit soft in the last 50 years. ;)

Flieger

Flieger

Practically Family
John, the jacket is made from cowhide but they don't give the option of having the jacket without the side warmer pockets... sorry.

Flieger

John Lever

One Too Many
Thanks for the translation. I have three of these. A black, a very dark brown and a russet. I think they are all very thick goatskin although I have been told that some jackets are Elk hide.
I suppose they are similar to the 'Rocketeer' jacket. But I think they are even more stylish and practical with the large map pocket and wrap over front. The cut is very generous due to the 'batwing' design.
John

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
A 1980s French fashion copy of a 1940s/1950s Swedish design using WWI American iconography for the brand/label. Made from very heavy two tone black and gray cowhide suede.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
With the bib effect, it reminds me of the jacket in "Rocketeer." I know leather doesn't provide warmth per se, still I bet this design really works on cold air hitting the chest. The jacket underneath closes in the center the regular way.

90gPtQl.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay