Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swedish Tanker Jackets

John Lever

One Too Many
Supposedly from the second world war but more likely from the 1950's these are very intricate and complicated designs. I first saw one on ebay about a year ago, but was outbid. Shame as the jacket was mint. Then one suddenly appeared with an affordable BIN from a UK seller. These jackets run very large. A 50 or US/UK 40 will easily fit a regular size 44 wearer. Mine is made from very thick tough black goatskin.
Swedelk002.jpg

Swedelk003.jpg

Swedelk001.jpg

Swedelk004.jpg

Swedelk007.jpg

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Wconly

Familiar Face
That is one incredible looking jacket....but I have a question....does it come with an instruction manual;) ? That really does look complicated -- but it sure does look great! Good find! Enjoy! W>

John Lever

One Too Many
Wconly said:
That is one incredible looking jacket....but I have a question....does it come with an instruction manual;) ? That really does look complicated -- but it sure does look great! Good find! Enjoy! W>
Well it is fairly complicated. There are 9 buttons, 3 hooks, two toggles a neck latch/slider thing and the waist tensioners. Lets say it's not the thing to put on after coffee in Starbucks. Once on it is very warm and comfortable. I hope Aero will copy these.
John

Speedster

Practically Family
About 15 years ago you could get these at any surplus store here in Denmark and they were quite popular amongst motorcyclists.

I never got around to get one of the jackets, but have the matching leather trousers.

Will try to dig them out from hiding and post some pics.

John Lever

One Too Many
BuddyJ said:
I totally LOVE that jacket. If anyone knows where to find another leather one, please let me know. It's too cool.
I'll soon have two. I have just won a brown one. They come up occasionally on ebay. I sounds like our Scandinavian friends would be the best source though.
Can you still find them in Denmark ?
John

John Lever

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
Allmost brought tears to my eyes. Those jackets were all over the place in Copenhagen 15 to 20 years ago.
And they were cheap too! Then...[huh]
Well if I were you I would start looking for them !!
Do you think they are military or civilian moto jackets ?
John

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
John Lever said:
Well if I were you I would start looking for them !!
Do you think they are military or civilian moto jackets ?
John

Military. No doubt.
As I remember there was this store in Copenhagen (Kompagniestr?¶de 20??? to the locals), selling only swedish army surplus.
They had them in piles. Then!
Haven't seen them for a long time though.

John Lever

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
Military. No doubt.
As I remember there was this store in Copenhagen (Kompagniestr?¶de 20??? to the locals), selling only swedish army surplus.
I think they have gone global. Were they always black goatskin ? I will soon have a brown version.
John

Speedster

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Military. No doubt.

ROGER, was the name of the store if i remember correctly.

They were Swedish military.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass