Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweetheart Items

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
jitterbugdoll said:
Thank you, Gray Ghost--you just made my day :eek:

It sounds like you have wonderful taste in jewelry--your wife is a lucky gal!

Glad to make your day. My wife is very special and I love to give her nice things, and nice things are vintage items as far as I am concerned. She plans to pose for me as a WWII pinup, so I can keep her picture in my footlocker at WWII events. I do my Father's Air Corp unit, the 13th "Jungle" Air Force and I am the CO of the unit. I will also have a typical non-pinup photo of her on my desk at the events. Trying to get her more interested, but she is not that fond of history, but she is very fond of the 50s era. So I have been working with her on that one. We both love the movie Grease and plan to have an old fashion Sock Hop with a Grease theme.

Gray Ghost

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Awesome stuff! I just did this picture for my boyfriend (short notice, and photoshop was what made me think of doing this) so I found head shots of 40's movie stars, this one was Judy Garland, with my face.
MarcieJudyGarland.jpg

MissHuff

A-List Customer
You ladies have inspired me to purchase some sweetheart pins to add to my collection. I have a pin-up shoot coming up that I'll be doing with a navy theme in honor of a few sailor boys I keep near and dear in my heart. I think a sweetheart pin would add the perfect extra detail.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
Jitterbugdoll, this guy almost looks like your little cutie, just a different color. I hope one of out ladies on the lounge won this little guy. I was watching him but just couldn't spend the money, he ended up going for $43.00.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Heres some pictures of my collection:
sweetheartjewelry006.jpg

sweetheartjewelry005.jpg

sweetheartjewelry003.jpg

sweetheartjewelry004.jpg

And now for the hankies and coin purse:
sweetheartjewelry002.jpg

sweetheartjewelry001.jpg
I still have another 9x9 sweetheart pillow but did'nt get it out for the photos and I also have a letter holder. Its really neat but, the first pillow in the picture(the fort idiantown gap one) is where my husband and I met. Sorry for such large pictures and bad quality shots.

Samantha

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Retrogirl1941,
The military base in my parent's hometown has been there since the 40's, and when you go into older homes, tons of them have cool sweetheart pillows like yours.....I never figured them as homeade, I assumed they were tourist items. I'll have to keep a lookout at yard sales from now on!

Pip

A-List Customer
Shall have to find some of mine to pop up.

Although there aren't that many, despite buying them quite often. Usually give them away to friends. I can't wear them, and it seems a shame for them to be confined to a box, when they are designed to be worn, so nice to see them being worn :)

If that makes sense?

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
That makes sense to me. My enigineers school pillow was given to my by my FIL b/c he saw me buying one the those pillows and thought It would get displayed if given to me. And my friend gave me the AAC pin with the bar.

Samantha

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
I really want to start collecting this now!

I was wondering if this could be a piece of sweetheart jewelry? The bar looks like wings. The pendant is a buckeye.

Thank you!
DSC_0584.jpg

draws

Practically Family
My WWII Sweetheart Pins

My Daughter and Son-In-Law are now based in Europe and I wear a Son-In-Service pin on my jacket lapel at all times. Since his enlistment, I have been collecting WWII sweetheart pins just for the fun of it and have accumulated a nice set of them. As previously stated, it is a shame that they cannot all be worn and are relegated to a box. On the other hand, it is important that these relics of our past be preserved. After all, isn't that the overall goal of us vintage collectors. If there you wish to see a close-up of any of these pins, please let me know and I'll post them for you.

I also have a collection of WW1 pins if anyone would like to see them.
IMG_0017.jpg

draws

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
That's quite a collection! Do any have rhinestones? I'm a sucker for militaria with rhinestones, it's such a weird combination!

This pin contains either a red rhinestone or a small ruby. I don't think that real gemstones were used in these pins but I can't really be sure.
afpin.jpg

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
flyingheart1.jpg

My sister and brother-in-law dug this beauty up in their garden! I wrote more about it in this thread and in a blog post (more images there).

The general consensus is that it is a WWII-era sweetheart pin for a girl whose beau or male family member was serving in the US Army Air Corp. It's made of sterling silver and mother of pearl, with the letters "LGB" stamped on the back, probably a maker's mark for L G Balfour and co.

I adore it! :)

draws

Practically Family
Nice find. I've got a collection of WWII sweatheart pins, going to my grand children, that that would love to have you be a part of. Let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21