Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talks of "Christine" remake

Antje

One Too Many
"Christine" (both the novel and, as cheesy as it was, the movie) was one of my favorites when I was in high school. It looks like King is posing with a '57 in this photo, which appeared on the back cover of the novel.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aqCjiYQXKAU/TEVZvbeOHZI/AAAAAAAABis/i4DgdgZArdM/s400/Christine_and_SK.jpg

I doubt they'll go through with production (or at least I hope, for the sake of the Furies), but you imagine how hilariously awful it would be if it was directed by Michael Bay?

Side Note: This was my favorite song from the soundtrack:

[video=youtube;4ZBSGaWrEn4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZBSGaWrEn4[/video]

Ofcourse this is the best song on the soundtrack!!!! I love Dion, and don't do a remake I like the movie as it is.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Better add 10 years to that bottom number Travis, 30 years makes the Gremlin and Pacer eligible. :D
Who's afraid of those? Especially the woodgrain versions?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Then maybe they are scary. :)
They need to choose an iconic car if they aren't going to use a Fury.
A cool car to those who appreciate it, but not to the average person.

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
That's a great picture, thanks for sharing! Somewhat related: The car Harry Dean Stanton drove in the movie was a 6th gen Fury (1975-78, not sure what year) which were popular police cars at the time.

Interesting tidbit - I'd never noticed before. If you check out the scene where Christine T-bones Repperton's Camaro in the gas station, you'll notice that there's no engine in the Camaro (stunt shell-car). Also, the book Dennis pulls from the shelf in the school library scene is a copy of "Christine".

(OO)==v==(OO)

Nice.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I'm afraid of those, and PT cruisers.

PT Losers are fluffy kittens compared to these:

car_photo_351742_7.jpg

Interesting tidbit - I'd never noticed before. If you check out the scene where Christine T-bones Repperton's Camaro in the gas station, you'll notice that there's no engine in the Camaro (stunt shell-car). Also, the book Dennis pulls from the shelf in the school library scene is a copy of "Christine".

They didn't list that on IMDb! Good info :)

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
Electric shavers! All of em!! How do guys get laid driving cars like that?^ Nevermind trying to fix something or troubleshoot a problem. Jesus. What a disgusting thing to ride in. But if it has air conditioning I'll drive it til about Halloween. It's too hot right now to be in my 61.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
OT: Hah! Is the Juke scaring everyone else too?

They're so new that I haven't seen many yet, but they're so freaky they make me want to run screaming. Imagine that chasing you into a brick wall enclosure...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I see a few of those in town.
There are worse vehicles than that.
I'm in the "fleet" business, don't get me started on some of the worst ideas for a car, and the most impractical.
I did notice the camaro part, but not the book in the library, although it's been at least 10yrs since I've seen the movie. Great observation.

RadioWave

One of the Regulars
I did notice the camaro part, but not the book in the library, although it's been at least 10yrs since I've seen the movie. Great observation.

Honestly, I had never noticed the book either - I got that one from a website.

They're so new that I haven't seen many yet, but they're so freaky they make me want to run screaming. Imagine that chasing you into a brick wall enclosure...

...It probably would have gone right in without touching the sides.

The Fury used in that scene had a rubber front-end.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass