Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tall jackets

Rkm1972

New in Town
Hello, new here… I am looking for a jacket for myself 6’6” 250 pounds and trying to stay away from custom made because I don’t want to wait 4-8 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Rkm1972

New in Town
Any price, down here in Houston, i love aero and Thedi style jackets, cafe style or Moto style…. I probably need 28+ sleeves and body and 48+ Chest

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello, new here… I am looking for a jacket for myself 6’6” 250 pounds and trying to stay away from custom made because I don’t want to wait 4-8 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am 6’5“ tall and weigh about 200 lbs. I have yet to find an off the rack leather jacket that really fits. It might be better for you because at 50 lbs more, probably size 46/48 fits, which is way too wide for me.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Carrie (Thurston's) can fit anyone...and "custom" isn't always more expensive with her if optioned correctly. Will it take a while? Welcome to life in Covid-Era.

I've done a few jackets through her customer vs. off the Rack (6'1" and 195 lbs) but I have a pretty specific fit, it's much cheaper to go all in the first time, do it right, and save yourself several hundred $$$ and frustation with jackets that do not fit right.
Maybe try Lost Worlds, Johnson Leathers, even Vanson and see if they can help.

Read through the What Jacket are You Wearing Today and start getting ideas of what you like, want, don't want, etc. Yes, it's like ~1600 pages of a thread, but TONS of great info in there alone.

Or just Beg Jonesy really hard and maybe he will sell you one of his. I think he borders on 28" sleeves...but I don't think he is 6' 6" and 250...

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Any price, down here in Houston, i love aero and Thedi style jackets, cafe style or Moto style…. I probably need 28+ sleeves and body and 48+ Chest

I do have a nice reed in a big size. However, the sleeves might be short for you. Case in point, there are some out there. I think Etsy might work for you?

Rkm1972

New in Town
I actually love the Vanson House MD jacket but I guess you guys are right… custom fit is my best bet

El Marro

28”+ sleeves pretty much guarantees you are in custom jacket territory. I think the suggestions have been good so far
In your case I think Johnson Leathers might be a good choice because they can make you a fit jacket out of cloth to be sure the dimensions are right before any leather gets cut. They can also make pretty much any kind of jacket in any style. The trick is finding something you like and bringing it to them to work with.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Cool - yep, I'll get photos up tomorrow. No pressure from me at all. I was planning on selling this one to fund purchase of a different model anyway.

jonbuilder

You can buy an all-out custom-sized and custom pattern jacket from John leathers including a mock-up fit jacket for the price of a sock Aero.
However, added sleeve and body length is not really custom just minor adjustments to standard patterns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21