Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target rules! Or...the annual repro clothing bonanza

Jovan

Suspended
Fletch said:
I needed a lightweight 2-pocket shirt for my flight back from Iowa and picked it up at Target for 9.99.
411vCPMXKSL._SS260_.jpg

It's military patterned (mine's OD green), but not all fake stonewashed or slim emo-kid cut. And it's cool comfy stretch poplin.
It worked great on the flight and the price was right. I may get another.
I tried looking for it on the website, but couldn't find it.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Wow-I never thought there would be so much reponse to this thread.

The sailor pants were plastered to an ad wrapping the Target store at the mal. The woman in the pants was probably a photo the size of a mid-sized car. Very hard to miss.

I checked online and didn't see them, but saw other online items from the wrapped ad. Maybe it's coming soon?

Vintage Betty

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Check out your Target this weekend Pink. They tend to have weekend sales. I got 20% off the cardigan and the dress at one of their weekend sales. Not that I have to convince you to buy it, but it's even prettier in person. When JBD visited a couple of weeks ago the weather was cooler than expected and she ended up staying a few extra days. I loaned her some clothes, one thing being this cardigan. I was convinced I wasn't gonna get it back!:D What I like about it is it goes with anything but the lace adds a dressiness that a plainer cardigan just doesn't have. It's also a great neutral color.

Meggan_Lane

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
They do have the cream and lace cardigan online
41DSCGLuhpL._SS384_.jpg

51-Qlwk2ysL._SS384_.jpg

Here's the seersucker sundress. I have to say although it fits me perfectly, I think that it might be a bit short on someone of average height. It falls just below the knee on me, which is perfect, but I'm only 5 feet tall. So, this might be better suited for someone who is on the petite side. Again I am impressed with this dress. It seems to be very well made and it is rare for me to find a dress that fits both my bust and my waist. I usually have to go up a few sizes to accommodate my bust, which usually means my dresses have to be tailored down in the waist area. But this dress fits perfect. I love seersucker for summer, and around here seersucker is a staple New England fabric. This will be the ideal dress for an evening out on The Cape, The Vineyard or Block Island. Ahhh, dreaming of summer get-a-ways in my new dress!
41KVS4Ab7eL._SS384_.jpg

It's funny...that seersucker dress a friend of mine wore to class the other day and the next day I wore an actual 50s vintage piece so similar to it! Yeay for repros!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
goldwyn girl said:
I saw the coral dress in a magazine today so I popped to Target to look at it. Well of course they did'nt have any. They are on line.

418-NfiNfWL.jpg

41Rp26gNP8L.jpg

I know, I was eyeballing them online the other day. I never fit in Target dresses properly, but I really like those. :mad:

Sunny

One Too Many
thebadmamajama said:
I just bought this dress:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-6588159?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000LA0AC2

but mine is in a teal/brown stripe coming to a V-shape in the middle. It's a bit longer on me, but it does have the same drop waist. I know it's hard to imagine from that description but could it pull off a 30s look?

I can't see the picture very well, but I think it's a pretty good vintage-inspired look. The 1930s look you're talking about had a much longer skirt, I think. The drop waist is more 1920s; the early 1930s still had a lot of hip emphasis, but there was always a waist seam or thin belt. If you can do the hairstyle, though, I think it'd be plenty close. :D I'd love to see it in your stripe, and teal and brown is a great color combination.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
I can't see the picture very well, but I think it's a pretty good vintage-inspired look. The 1930s look you're talking about had a much longer skirt, I think. The drop waist is more 1920s; the early 1930s still had a lot of hip emphasis, but there was always a waist seam or thin belt. If you can do the hairstyle, though, I think it'd be plenty close. I'd love to see it in your stripe, and teal and brown is a great color combination.

Thank you, kindly! I'm getting a digital camera....today (haha) so I'll take a picture. I finally got the '20s hair down, so we'll see how it turns out. :)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Part of the outfit that won Manolo the Shoeblogger's first build-the-outfit contest was a white dress that came from Target. All the better to save up the moneys from what the Man pays you to buy the good shoes.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I know--Target is a budgeting retro girl's best friend.

Check out this darling dressie:

2000348306390187457_rs.jpg

And you can buy these cutie espadrilles to go with them without breaking $70. Whoo hoo!

2000362275159517307_rs.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Maybe it's just my odd body, but NONE of those dresses fit me. :(

And the shoes are cute.... but I'd likely fall and bloody myself if I tried to wear something that high.

(Which is for the best.... as I have no money for shopping. Darn the medical/legal bills. :()

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24