Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target Target

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mrs. Merl said:
Anybody seen the rather nifty four-pocket vests Target is selling right now?

Yes, I've been meaning to get one. I think they're rather cool for a good price.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Yeah, I wanted to get one (or a couple) for my husband. Too bad I am totally broke! But I thought they were pretty well constructed and at least a wool blend on the stripe and herringbone styles. He also liked the corduroy ones too (he is really into corduroy right now.) Plus, since I can't find great wools to make them out of they are even better!

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
My target finally got the herringbone and striped vests in but they never have my size when I go. :rage:

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
carter said:
I hope you don't wear an XXL. The largest they made is XL. :(

No I'm normally a large but in those I needed and XL and guess what? I went by last night and they actually had the one I wanted in my size. :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
Beowulf67 said:
No I'm normally a large but in those I needed and XL and guess what? I went by last night and they actually had the one I wanted in my size. :eusa_clap

See, good things happen to those who [lose] weight! :D

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
I noticed all styles they had seemed to run a size too small. So of course they had a rack full of the larges, that I should normally wear. [huh]

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I bought a couple of vests. I like four pocket vests. The lining is odd; it looks like it is based on a striped shirt and tie.
The tag with it says "This tailored vintage vest has an updated style...". What does that sentence actually mean?[huh]

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
The lining was odd, but maybe that is the "updated part." Nonetheless, it is just lining and frankly - if a vest was made at home they probably lined it in whatever leftovers they had - so then it seems less odd - right!? Other than that they seemed like pretty standard cuts - so I too - wonder about that sentence and what exactly it means...hmmm. Designers are weird.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
6-button, 4-pocket is pretty much the vintage style, typically with slightly scalloped corners and edges.
2978772810_b1726b8802_m.jpg

5-button, 2-pocket is preferred by today's dress clothing makers, surely because the vest is so unimportant today and it's cheaper to make. Sharper edges too.
10459.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I suppose it all depends on what "vintage" they are referring to specifically. Without a particular era referred to it is hard to say what they were going for and then hypothesize what is "updated." At any rate they are nifty vests and good for most people wanting "first half" 20th century appearances.

celtic

A-List Customer
I tried on one of those Target vests on in my usual size and it was too small.

I tried on a size larger and it was too large.

No soup for me.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
These are young men's styles now. The vest is not slim cut, but you do need a somewhat fashionable body type.

If you're at all padded around the midsection, you will find you're between sizes. I have the L, but I wouldn't want it any tighter sitting down.

Today's makers do cater to the rapidly expanding American male, of course, but not in the funky/dressy idiom. Fashion only scales up so far.

Feraud

Bartender
I do not think so. It appears they do a limited run of styles and the turnover is quick.
The vest are already marked down to around 20 bucks in my area.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Shoot. These would make an awesome gift. Guess I'll have to go out soon and save them for later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo