Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target Target

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Went to Target the other week and took another look at their suits. Really well priced and fantastic for somone wanting a wardrobe starter without the expense of... well the expense. Jacket and trousers for about 100 bucks total. Silk ties... pretty good silk ties at that for around 12 bucks, and dress shirts.

Juleus Exavier was wearing one of their cotton sport jackets to the Gamble house tour. Hopefully he can post some pics and give some comments.

Style is spreading.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Target Suits.

Well... Matt thanks for the intoduction. I'll let the miss spelling of my name slide... it's new and takes some getting use to.

As far as the suits and things go from Target here they are.

This is a dark blue pin stripe suit that I wore last year on the QM.

173841101.jpg

173841051.jpg

The suit jacket and pants are sold seperately. The jacket depending on your size ranges from $59.99- $64.99

• Men’s dressy tailored-fit suit jacket
• Navy pinstripe
• 2 waist pockets, 1 chest pocket, 2 inner button chest pockets and back slit
• Dry clean only
• Fully Lined

The pants that match the jacket range again depending on your size from $24.99- $29.99.

• Men’s pinstripe dress pants with fashionable flat front
• Navy pinstripe with 2 hip pockets, 2 back pockets (1 with button)
• Classic fit with straight legs and zipper fly with button
• Machine washable

Now onto the Tan Blazer.

I've wanted a tan suit for awhile now because I enjoy the style of the "English Patient" so much and that's what I was shooting for... before this Fedora Lounge get together I neither had the time nor the money to get a tan suit so I settled with this blazer and a pair of Kahki's.

173841078.jpg

173841071.jpg

• Linen jacket is perfect for warm weather
• 100% linen with 2 back vents
• Design features a 2-button front, notched lapels, a small pocket on the left chest and 2 waist pockets with flaps
• Front has vertical seaming, sleeves have 4 buttons on each cuff, and the sport coat has an inner pocket with button-and-loop closure
• Machine washable

Well I hope this was informative. To be honest for the price they are not too shabby. I own a couple modern DKNY (Donna Karen New York) suits and it's nice to have a suit that costs me around $100.00 that I won't get all crazy over ruining.

-Julius Xavier (Formerly Known as DocIndyJones)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Impressive! I'll have to swing by Target again soon. Can't beat the prices on Wrangler jeans, and there's some decent interior decor occasionally.

Only problem I have with modern clothing is finding something in my size...I'm a perfect depression era size, so everything in most stores starts one size too large and goes up from there!

Wild Root

Gone Home
The Wingnut said:
Impressive!
Only problem I have with modern clothing is finding something in my size...I'm a perfect depression era size!

Oh, quit your balling! If only I had your problem!:rolleyes: Who needs modern when you can walk into any vintage shop and buy out the place!lol

You poor guy!lol

=WR=

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Target? Really? I will have to check that out.

Occassionally a store called Forever XXI will have dresses that will pass, it is mostly trendy "teeny-bopper" crap, but there are a few, and under $40.

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Target? I wasn't really impressed by the feel of the suits there. I do seem to remember polyester...although that might have been Kohls. I like how you paired up those khakis and the linen jacket. Looks pretty nice :eusa_clap

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I bought the same tan jacket! I love it. Very lightweight and good for summer time. I paired it up with white pants and a blue shirt. I put a blue and white handkerchief in the breast pocket and sported my tan and white wingtips. A very nice look if I do say so myself. (if only I had pictures to prove it!)

I even wore the coat with ... jeans ... for a more casual look. :p

Chad

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know you men are talking about suits, but lets not forget the ladies. I just checked out Targets web site, and couldn't believe the large selection of very cute, some vintage inspired, dresses, shirts and skirts.

As for quality, you often get what you pay for. But, I have found with Target, the quality is better than the other discount stores that are out there. I have a few pairs of pants that are more than a couple years old, and they are holding up quite nicely.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Julius Xavier said:
Well... Matt thanks for the intoduction. I'll let the miss spelling of my name slide... it's new and takes some getting use to.

As far as the suits and things go from Target here they are.

This is a dark blue pin stripe suit that I wore last year on the QM.

173841101.jpg

173841051.jpg

The suit jacket and pants are sold seperately. The jacket depending on your size ranges from $59.99- $64.99

• Men’s dressy tailored-fit suit jacket
• Navy pinstripe
• 2 waist pockets, 1 chest pocket, 2 inner button chest pockets and back slit
• Dry clean only
• Fully Lined

The pants that match the jacket range again depending on your size from $24.99- $29.99.

• Men’s pinstripe dress pants with fashionable flat front
• Navy pinstripe with 2 hip pockets, 2 back pockets (1 with button)
• Classic fit with straight legs and zipper fly with button
• Machine washable

Now onto the Tan Blazer.

I've wanted a tan suit for awhile now because I enjoy the style of the "English Patient" so much and that's what I was shooting for... before this Fedora Lounge get together I neither had the time nor the money to get a tan suit so I settled with this blazer and a pair of Kahki's.

173841078.jpg

173841071.jpg

• Linen jacket is perfect for warm weather
• 100% linen with 2 back vents
• Design features a 2-button front, notched lapels, a small pocket on the left chest and 2 waist pockets with flaps
• Front has vertical seaming, sleeves have 4 buttons on each cuff, and the sport coat has an inner pocket with button-and-loop closure
• Machine washable

Well I hope this was informative. To be honest for the price they are not too shabby. I own a couple modern DKNY (Donna Karen New York) suits and it's nice to have a suit that costs me around $100.00 that I won't get all crazy over ruining.

-Julius Xavier (Formerly Known as DocIndyJones)

Wow, Xavier, at first glance of these pictures I thought I was looking at Hemingway Jones. You two could be long lost brothers!! How handsome you look in your fancy duds :D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have this set.....no pictures of it on me yet, but its nicely constructed with lining in the skirt and finished edges inside the jacket...

B000F3PULG.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V63996483_.jpg

B000F5CEVS.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V63972139_.jpg

I will try to take pictures of it on me later...but if it is like the normal level of Target suiting for women, I will be able to wear it all for quite a long time.

Denise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo