Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tasso Elba linen back belted suit...

mike

Call Me a Cab
Anyone seen these? They have a functioning action back center pleat, petal lining, a nonfunctional throat latch, three matching patch pockets with knife pleats (basically matching the back) The three pockets, each with pocket flaps remind me of something more edwardian/20's or safari-related I suppose.

They offer matching linen pants only for the natural color (I think)

Not bad considering you can get the whole 2 piece thing for 200 bucks. They are labeled relaxed fit but aren't so bad on me atleast in where the back belt falls.... I tried it on and hemmed and hawed over picking it up, or one of the two brown jacket versions but decided to fight that fight another day.. but maybe soon.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=364642&CategoryID=11046

MattStat

New in Town
The flapped, buttonable breast pocket somehow looks out of place on a non-khaki (cotton) jacket. I have the idea, being linen, the jacket will wrinkle quickly but that thick pocket will remain untouched, and therefore stand out even more.

But maybe it's more appealing in person. Have you seen it?

mike

Call Me a Cab
MattStat said:
The flapped, buttonable breast pocket somehow looks out of place on a non-khaki (cotton) jacket. I have the idea, being linen, the jacket will wrinkle quickly but that thick pocket will remain untouched, and therefore stand out even more.

But maybe it's more appealing in person. Have you seen it?

yes i did! I liked the look, but it certainly is a bit different. I made the trip in with the intention of buying, but got thrown for a loop with the two brown options that decided to not jump in to any quick decisions.

mike

Call Me a Cab
MattStat said:
Brown linen pants would look good with the jacket. I'm not so sure about white, and grey would have to match exactly.

well there's a natural that gives you the option of the matching pants. then there's the flat brown jacket and a textured muted brown jacket which might be gray-ish, but it's labeled brown. I'm the wrong person to ask, being color blind :p

carter

I'll Lock Up
They sold that same jacket in tweed two years ago. I have one and it's a good servicable jacket for cooler weather.

TWLyon

New in Town
I didn't see the matching pants - am I missing something? They don't describe it as a belt back. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be in any stores in Illinois.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I work at Macy's, and my location doesn't carry this suit/jacket. I even went to a huge NJ location and they also didn't have it!
Macy's has reconfigured their buying office, so not all locations will get everything. It will literally be based on demographics.
So where's the belt back demographic??? lol

mike

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry, I should have taken some pictures. Their site is frustrating. I saw matching pants in their store by 34th St in NYC but they weren't directly next to the jackets. :eusa_doh: I could go back to the store to take pictures, but I'd be afraid I would come out having bought it! lol

TWLyon

New in Town
Ok, I'm considering taking a chance. How would you rate the 3 colors? I guess, when in doubt, go natural, but if the patterned brown is nice, it might extend beyond just summer wear? Thanks.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
flat-top said:
I work at Macy's, and my location doesn't carry this suit/jacket. I even went to a huge NJ location and they also didn't have it!
Macy's has reconfigured their buying office, so not all locations will get everything. It will literally be based on demographics.
So where's the belt back demographic??? lol
We know what it is.
I almost hesitate to say what Macy*s must think it is.
thom_browne3.jpg

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
We know what it is.
I almost hesitate to say what Macy*s must think it is.
thom_browne3.jpg
HaHa Fletch, those photos almost made me spray my coffee out of my nose! When I saw the two fellows on the left I instantly heard in my head the voice of Dan Aykroyd: "We Are From France" (insert six pack into photo to get completed Conehead look).

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
The throat latch seems out of place on a linen jacket. I've only ever seen them on tweed. It just seems something more suited to Northumbria than Havanna. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran