Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taubers of California Horsehide "Trucker" jacket

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
There were quite a few other vintage leather jacket makers in San Francisco that are worth mentioning as well: Golden Bear, Febes, North Beach, Leather Forever, Johnson Leathers, StrongBilt, Levis, Line-up, and of course...East-West.
Nice list. See a lot of golden bear, which I'm usually confused by. They use a lot of different labels.

United Garment too. I've had a couple their jackets and seen several more

The Boston area was known for leather making. I've actually seen a book about them. I may have to buy it

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Gamma68

One Too Many
That's an aspirational jacket. Meaning it's a dream jacket Loungers aspire to own and wear proudly one day!

Terry, as always, your enthusiasm for this jacket really comes out in your video. The viewer can tell you can barely contain your excitement.

Please, keep 'em coming. Would love to see those 1930s jackets you mentioned earlier.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That's an aspirational jacket. Meaning it's a dream jacket Loungers aspire to own and wear proudly one day!

Terry, as always, your enthusiasm for this jacket really comes out in your video. The viewer can tell you can barely contain your excitement.

Please, keep 'em coming. Would love to see those 1930s jackets you mentioned earlier.

Thanks, I'll be getting to those other jackets. Somedays I don't know where to start.

http://www.nortonclub.com/Newsletter/volume_4/Volume_4_Issue_3-34.pdf

The link is to a 1981 newsletter of the Northern California Branch of the Norton Owners Club. See page 10 in which the writer gives a glowing review of Tauber's leather jackets. It seems they produced high-quality garments up to the end.

Thank you so much for this article. 1981 they were still going strong. This is the sort of material that is priceless and very difficult to find. I had traced them into the 70s, but did not know they were in operation in the 1980s. Great information. I have seen their ads in Cycle magazines.

technovox

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy