Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TCM's Primary Competitor

Rafter

Suspended
fox_moviechannel.jpg

I know there have been several threads about TCM, but I don't believe I've read any about it's primary competitor, the Fox Movie Channel. I accidentally came across this channel last Saturday morning, while surfing my digital navigator.

The movies on FoxM, are commercial-free, uncut, unedited and letterbox instead of the usual pan and scan versions are shown whenever available.

"State Fair" was playing at the time of my discovery. This was the Cinemascope remake that starred Ann Margret, Bobby Darin, Alice Faye, Tom Ewell, Pamela Tiffin, and Pat Boone.
Ann Margret and Pamela Tiffin never looked better!!

My TIVO has been working overtime since I discovered this gem.
Currently the letterbox versions of "The Sand Pebbles", "The French Connection", "The Man In The Grey Flannel Suit", "George White's 1935 Scandals", and "Four Jills In A Jeep" are waiting to be seen.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I rarely watch FMC, since they seem to air the same handful of (20th Century Fox, obviously) films over and over. But it's still a decent channel, even if they've started to play 1980s/90s movies during the primetime hours. Funny that they never play Star wars, though. However, FMC does treat the viewer to widescreen presentations of films as you mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner